advertisement

September 8, 1966

We didn’t get Star Trek in the UK until 1969.

In September 1966, I was just starting second year at St Anselm’s College. The first year had gone well, but the second year was when the Great Cloud of Unknowing began to descend, and my school reports took on an ever-worsening view of my prospects.

I find it hard to believe that anything boldly went in '66. Must have been in monochrome then on our TVs (unless it came out as a film first). This was before Sgt. Pepper, for Heaven's sake !!!

US TV was available in colour from the mid fifties.

They called it color so nobody realised.

My first school holiday job boss in 1966 told me it was "Never Twice (the) Same Colour" - he also said that the BBC had modified the system so it worked well - then they went for PAL......

You are probably right, my BBC friend told me that 30 years ago, memories ain't what they used to be.

We didn’t get Star Trek in the UK until 1969.

In September 1966, I was just starting second year at St Anselm’s College. The first year had gone well, but the second year was when the Great Cloud of Unknowing began to descend, and my school reports took on an ever-worsening view of my prospects.

Lucky bastards! Here in Sweden it wasn't shown until, probably, the 1980's. USA + Sci Fi was a no no in Social Democratic ruled Sweden. Neither did we get Batman.

I was ten years old and just starting 5th grade.

About the level Star Trek was aimed...

Same age as you, I could not wait till the next Thursday night’s episode. For this 10 year old, TOS was easily the most interesting thing on TV at the time!

For some reason, my Amazon Prime access on my Fire stick isn’t working at the moment. More incentive to find out why, now!

Seems I'm not the only to have noticed yesterday's 55th anniversary.

E-3UJDRXEAAUBkQ

Joe

advertisement

Back