advertisement

September 8, 1966

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
Yes, exactly 55 years ago to the day this happened.

sRf4lrA.jpg

Live long and prosper, fishies.

Joe

Big Tabs,

William Shatner used to eat at my grandparents' restaurant back when he was a Shakespearian actor at the Festival Theatre in Stratford, Ontario. This was some days before he played Captain Kirk.

Young-William-Shatner.jpg

He was a fart in a mitt ... until that day he discovered my grandmother's cooking.

Joe

Just to prove my poor standing as a Trekker, @Joe P what's the spacecraft between the shuttlecraft and the Romulan bird of prey?

Big Tabs,

William Shatner used to eat at my grandparents' restaurant back when he was a Shakespearian actor at the Festival Theatre in Stratford, Ontario. This was some days before he played Captain Kirk.

Young-William-Shatner.jpg

He was a fart in a mitt, until that day he discovered my grandmother's cooking.

Joe

That hair is luxurious.

Let’s agree that he filled out a tad.

(half an Elvis?)

I find it hard to believe that anything boldly went in '66. Must have been in monochrome then on our TVs (unless it came out as a film first). This was before Sgt. Pepper, for Heaven's sake !!!

Seeker,

One moment. Accessing. Ah, Antares-type vessel.

The Antares was destroyed when its warped baffle plate was removed by Charlie Evans, a humanoid with Q-like powers.

Warning: Contains Janice Rand in a pink thing. @Nic Robinson

Joe

Ah.

"It wasn't very well constructed."

Spock breaking out the Vulcan Stratocaster. Happy days, if not somewhat illogical.

"We reach, Herbert."

A bit of trivia ... in Star Trek: Discovery, season 2, Michael Burnham and Mr. Spock go back to Talos IV, that forbidden planet.

Turns out that Talos IV, a world ravaged centuries ago by nuclear war and just starting to support life on the surface, is actually the Lafarge Quarry in Dundas, Ontario, about 60 km from my current coordinates.

1eiu.d6ds28.940.jpg

I mentioned this to the kiddo. Her response, "Does this mean we could go to Talos?"

Joe

advertisement

Back