advertisement

September 8, 1966

Any more planets on the itinerary, Yank?

Pro tip: Avoid the third planet if a planet eater is nearby (~2:30).

Joe

Any more planets on the itinerary, Yank?

Pro tip: Avoid the third planet if a planet eater is nearby (~2:30).

Tonight it's a third planet alright. But it's a Guardian of Forever lurking nearby, not a planet eater.

I skipped last night's episode. I'm not sure if its planet was ever named, but it's a dreadful episode that I don't really need to see again. Would have fit right in with the 3rd season.

Yank,

Oooooo, that’s my most favourite episode. Look carefully, and you’ll see that Mr. Spock is building a single-ended triode amp.

Joe

Yank,

Oooooo, that’s my most favourite episode. Look carefully, and you’ll see that Mr. Spock is building a single-ended triode amp.

Joe
Joe

Is that why there is a loudspeaker bottom left on your picture? If I’m not mistaken it is one of these...

f828a580.jpg

Marchy, my man.

That's the Genesis Device. Comes in handy if your Vulcan dies while saving the ship.

Joe

Yank,

I skipped last night's episode. I'm not sure if its planet was ever named, but it's a dreadful episode that I don't really need to see again

Which episode? They're all great, but some are especially great.

Joe

Yank,

Which episode? They're all great, but some are especially great.

You could extrapolate from my other posts, since they're showing them in order...

But it was "The Alternative Factor". It's no "Turnabout Intruder" but it's not far from it.

Yank,

Yeah, the Harlan Ellison episode, an example of peak Trek.

Yank,

Alternative Factor wasn’t a great episode. Still it was shit loads better than the O’Reilly Factor on Faux News.

joe

Marchy, my man.

That's the Genesis Device. Comes in handy if your Vulcan dies while saving the ship.

Joe
Wasn’t there another machine that looked rather similar which got on board the Enterprise and zapped anyone that got in its way? Then Kirk made it blow itself up by presenting it with some kind of logical conundrum? Or is that something my brain made up in a dream following an over-enthusiastic night on Gigondas (not a planet)?

Marchy, my man.

Seeker has it. Nomad. And, yes, Captain Kirk talked it into self-destruction.

Back then (actually, in the future) powerful sentient computers talk in a funny voice and wiggle about when they've been outwitted.

Joe

Yank,

Spock used the CRT display in his tricorder.

Joe

Tonight the gang is going to Deneva, where we get to see Shatner with a mustache.

advertisement

Back