advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more times do you plan to post this, he’s just another nationalist not a lot different to any other nationalist, after all.

Anything on that economic case yet?
But Brian, if Mr Mortimer above wants to "Save Britain" and is a nationalist and if your very presence in this topic about Scottish politics is to also "Save Britain", what are we to think of you? :p

The hills have eyes, on pfm and elsewhere

oTCExcr.jpg

Here’s his CV-

“Not a lot to say today except I am English, White, a Racist, over and OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT Goodnight you beautiful people.”

...could be in with a chance.
Yet more ukip advertising Hugh?

A
But Brian, if Mr Mortimer above wants to "Save Britain" and is a nationalist and if your very presence in this topic about Scottish politics is to also "Save Britain", what are we to think of you? :p
A racist lorry driver from England standing for the Scottish Parliament on a UKIP ‘save Britain” ticket, what on earth could it mean? Maybe we’ll get some more educational YouTube links provided by our resident UKIP door to door man. I’ve a feeling “save Britain” means something different in Bradford than it does in Aberdeenshire.

Telling, isnt it. Like the rush to defend Johnson. It just doesn’t smell right, no mater how much deodorant has been sprayed on.

I don’t know who the bloke is, never heard of him until Hugh began posting his picture here like some kind of stalker. Hugh is a real expert on these weird nationalist types. I wonder how that is? Could it be he’s cut from the same cloth, being a nationalist wanting to make Scotland poorer?

Assuming the ‘we’ is a rallying cry for the resident nationalists, why should I give a damn what such braindead types think of me? I’m a normal bloke, Ken, whereas nationalists are a bit dodgy, to say the least.

Have you given any thought to the economic case for independence, Ken?

I don’t know who the bloke is, never heard of him until Hugh began posting his picture here like some kind of stalker. Hugh is a real expert on these weird nationalist types. I wonder how that is? Could it be he’s cut from the same cloth, being a nationalist wanting to make Scotland poorer?

Assuming the ‘we’ is a rallying cry for the resident nationalists, why should I give a damn what such braindead types think of me? I’m a normal bloke, Ken, whereas nationalists are a bit dodgy, to say the least.

Have you given any thought to the economic case for independence, Ken?
He is the UKIP candidate for Banff & Buchan in the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary election where he no doubt sees a collapse in the pro-Brexit Tory vote extant there.
Have I given it thought? Yup.

Now, was that braindead enough for you?

PS did you ever look into the reasons for the near total collapse of the Scottish Labour Party?
The answer? Not nationalism...

Seems to me that she didn’t follow the legal advice but once an enquiry/trial is underway the politics do make it difficult to withdraw.

Looks like a couple of misremembered meetings at most? What significance that carries is open for debate. Let’s be honest if Salmond was a bit handsy then Sturgeon would know?

Seems to me that she didn’t follow the legal advice but once an enquiry/trial is underway the politics do make it difficult to withdraw.

Then you have to consider the consequences of not bringing a case. It may well be that her critics would have congratulated her on her judgement, I somehow think it more likely that she would have been subjected to dog's abuse for deciding not to proceed, "protecting one of her own", "what about the victims?", "shouldn't the court decide?" and so on.

The meat here (if there is any) would be proof of a conspiracy beyond the effect of the complaints/allegations or the actual case against him.

Then you have to consider the consequences of not bringing a case. It may well be that her critics would have congratulated her on her judgement, I somehow think it more likely that she would have been subjected to dog's abuse for deciding not to proceed, "protecting one of her own", "what about the victims?", "shouldn't the court decide?" and so on.

The meat here (if there is any) would be proof of a conspiracy beyond the effect of the complaints/allegations or the actual case against him.
Yep, nail on head. There are always consequences whether you act or don't. Once these allegations came to light a process gets started, of course if this is a result of a political conspiracy then it is a different matter.

I caught a fair bit of Nicola Sturgeon at the Hollyrood enquiry thing off and on today. She is a remarkably sharp and focused communicator even after many hours under extreme and forensic pressure. Genuinely astonishing IMO. Ignoring any right/wrong just imagine that level of scrutiny shone on our bumbling entitled workshy crooks and shysters such as Johnson, Gove, Hancock etc. Hopefully they’ll get their day under a similar spotlight one day...

The voters in Scotland aren’t as daft as Johnson takes them for. They see what goes on at his court, they watched Sturgeon’s public handling of Covid vs Johnson’s for a year now. They saw the billions bunged to political backers, Cummings, Patel and others getting a free pass from their leader and they’ll make up their own mind. They knew the Tories were calling for her resignation even before she was allowed to give evidence. If they fail to land a glove in her as seems likely, she will come back from this strengthened going into the May Scottish elections. The moment of Tory opportunism has come and gone- they have no place in Scotland. They’re finished.

The voters in Scotland aren’t as daft as Johnson takes them for. They see what goes on at his court, they watched Sturgeon’s public handling of Covid vs Johnson’s for a year now. They saw the billions bunged to political backers, Cummings, Patel and others getting a free pass from their leader and they’ll make up their own mind. They knew the Tories were calling for her resignation even before she was allowed to give evidence. If they fail to land a glove in her as seems likely, she will come back from this strengthened going into the May Scottish elections. The moment of Tory opportunism has come and gone- they have no place in Scotland. They’re finished.

Watching Series 5 of Poldark and it is very nice light entertainment but the goings on at political level are virtually the same. Warleggan( Thin version of Bojo) is trying to entrap the hero Poldark and fails.

Don't want to tempt faint but I think the three disparate amigo's + a few loose hangers on will be choking on their popcorn as this plays out. :)

I think the real fool in this picture is Ruth Davidson. She’s shown herself to be the cheapest type of opportunist imaginable and has in the process destroyed every irony detector on the planet given the fundamentally corrupt party she represents.

I’ve no idea how damaging this is for Sturgeon or the SNP, but I can’t see much changing as the opposition parties in Scotland are just non-starters.

He is the UKIP candidate for Banff & Buchan in the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary election where he no doubt sees a collapse in the pro-Brexit Tory vote extant there.
Have I given it thought? Yup.

Now, was that braindead enough for you?

PS did you ever look into the reasons for the near total collapse of the Scottish Labour Party?
The answer? Not nationalism...
I know who he is now, Ken. I said that in my last post, Hugh seems to like him, he keeps posting his picture.

I don’t care why you turned to nationalism and helped the tories to a majority. That’s your business but I hope you enjoy brexit and every other turd fired out by the tories.

The other thing to understand is what you see in UKIP I see existing in all nationalists. There is no nice and fluffy nationalism. You won’t agree, but that’s because you all think your own particular flavour of nationalism is justified.

I think the real fool in this picture is Ruth Davidson

She's the cream of the crop and without a decent opposition we end up with a long era of single party corruption throughout the ranks as we had with old labour councils up here.

I've met her and she's not daft and probably up there with Sturgeon on being far and above the intellect of the rest of them in the room. It is a shame she's at this level to try to win points though.

On that note, it'll be a cold day in hell before I vote for any Conservative and especially the slimy toad that frequents the Pentlands constituencies.
And on the other hand, I know the last Labour candidate for us and he's in it for nobody but his own ego.
Pretty much leaves a vote for the SNP! I do like our MP Joanna Cherry, she's actively represented her constituents well and is no numpty.

I've met her and she's not daft and probably up there with Sturgeon on being far and above the intellect of the rest of them in the room. It is a shame she's at this level to try to win points though.

Yes, she really has made a total fool of herself IMO. I used to view her as about the best the Tories had (at least since the ERG purged Heidi Allen, Sarah Woolaston, Ken Clarke etc), but she’s shown herself to be no better than Michael Gove, Peter Bone, Priti Patel or the rest of the hard-line attention-seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back