advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIUI what they have blocked is the names of - or info that might identify - the people who made allegations about his behaviour. It is normal for these names to be kept confidential outwith the ambit of the court case. Perhaps also details of those allegations that could be regarded as potentially defamatory, etc. i.e. to avoid situations which would deter anyone in future who wanted to report illegal behaviour.

General rule being that some things may said in court, but not necessarily in public.

However the bottom line at present is that we don't know what we don't know.

Its all on Craig Murray’s blog site, with the redacted parts in bold.

Well, Scotland would have to go it alone for about 4 or 5 years. Plenty of time for economic (self) harm in that timeframe.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/...and-to-rejoin-the-eu-as-an-independent-state/

But, what price freedom from the shackles of a domineering Union? ;)

Well the UK numbers will be a good benchmark. Isn't 50yrs the timeframe quoted by JRM before dividends are evident. I suppose you could argue it will only be 4-5yrs for the Scots. Either way Brexit and whatever comes out of it is a mess for most of the population whether they choose to recognise that is another matter.

The U.K. economy has been very badly damaged by Brexit-Covid. The Tory Government hasn’t initiated the clawback in tax to pay for it yet. Even if Sunak’s instinct is to start asking for money now, Big Daddy Johnson is loath to associate himself with anything other than populist gestures- that’ll have to wait for his successor who will inevitably have to face the music.
Brexit is still inherently unstable - the infantile demands over the N.Irish protocol will be met with control measures by the EU and Biden’s America is no friend of Brexit Britain. In other words theres no better time for Scotland to split from this Union and rejoin the more powerful Union on our doorstep.

I meant is it just me that cannot abide Frankie Boyle. Showing me that he is on television doesn't answer the question.
Oh, I see. Not being clairvoyant and bearing in mind your track record I thought we were in the "a popular singing group, m'lud" territory.
In that case yes.
Good programmes those. I should watch them if I were you, minimum requirement before venting on this thread I should think.

I’d call it observational-the deeper the economic and political crisis, the more the risk-benefit equation shifts.

The U.K. economy has been very badly damaged by Brexit-Covid. The Tory Government hasn’t initiated the clawback in tax to pay for it yet. Even if Sunak’s instinct is to start asking for money now, Big Daddy Johnson is loath to associate himself with anything other than populist gestures- that’ll have to wait for his successor who will inevitably have to face the music.
Brexit is still inherently unstable - the infantile demands over the N.Irish protocol will be met with control measures by the EU and Biden’s America is no friend of Brexit Britain. In other words theres no better time for Scotland to split from this Union and rejoin the more powerful Union on our doorstep.
The more powerful Union run by grown ups...as opposed to incompetent, semi-sentient leeches. And I'm including colluding labour under that umbrella.

Oh, I see. Not being clairvoyant and bearing in mind your track record I thought we were in the "a popular singing group, m'lud" territory.
In that case yes.
Good programmes those. I should watch them if I were you, minimum requirement before venting on this thread I should think.

I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with something blunt.

I’d call it observational-the deeper the economic and political crisis, the more the risk-benefit equation shifts.

What are your thoughts on the political and economic crises in Scotland?

The more powerful Union run by grown ups...as opposed to incompetent, semi-sentient leeches. And I'm including colluding labour under that umbrella.

You're funnier than Frankie Boyle.

Frankie Boyle is a bit outré for EV. I think this tour of Scotlandshire is about all he could take,

r2mDBYl.jpg

It's not just Scotland, some other parts of the UK have very low death rate from covid, like North Norfolk.
That’s interesting. Do you think there’s some genetic reason why having six toes and webbed feet makes you less susceptible to Covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back