advertisement

Roon I’ve tried it and....

Ok. Press music. Find the BBC symbol. Press on it but don’t take your finger off. A menu will appear left. Press copy. Then go to Roon remote.Choose Internet Radio. Press add station. Press on URL bar until paste appears. Press paste. School to bottom of Info sheet.Press Add station again. Voila.

Tried it, but it just says Roon can’t find a station at that URL. Tried it with another station and the same happened.

* Tried it with that Scala station you mentioned and it worked! But the music’s only playing out of one channels and at 32kbps :confused:

Got Radio Three working now. Does it not work for Podcast channels? Does a station have to be broadcasting live for it to work?

That's good, but I don't need that as I don't listen to music like that. All I need is a list of albums and I choose from it. I don't need to sort anything by label or producers etc. as I have no interest in that stuff.
That's pretty much where I am.
I'm quite happy with a folder structure of Artist/Album and making my choice on that basis - kick back and listen.

I'm quite happy with a folder structure of Artist/Album and making my choice on that basis - kick back and listen.

Do you not fancy the idea of streaming from Qobuz or Tidal? Imagine a huge record store gave you a key for 90p a day and said help yourself ..

I'm the same. I'm not proud to say I'm not enough of a music nerd that I care about labels, producers, session musicians or the like, the same has gone for album artwork.

I just want to listen, I even struggle with naming tracks from some of my favourite albums as I just listen from start to end without taking any notice of stuff like that!

Do you not fancy the idea of streaming from Qobuz or Tidal? Imagine a huge record store gave you a key for 90p a day and said help yourself ..
Never say never but at this moment in time it doesn't interest me.

I don't need Roon to get tidal integration. I just use the free naim app.

Had a year’s subscription then upgraded to lifetime. Absolutely no regrets and worth every penny. Over 3000 albums of mine now readily accessible at a couple of touches on the iPad. Great metadata etc. Highly recommended!

I used to be happy to pick a disc from the shelf and play music like that, but Roon has got me listening to far more than
I don't need Roon to get tidal integration. I just use the free naim app.

Does the Naim app integrate TIDAL into your own music library or is it separate? That’s one of the things I like about Roon/TIDAL. If I look at one of my own albums I can click on the artist and see all of my own albums from that artist, with an extra section showing further albums available on TIDAL.

I have limited use of some of the other software mentioned above. Therefore I can only compare use of Roon to Sonos, and iTunes.

However the integration with Qobuz and my ripped cds is very easy to appreciate. I’ve paid for the lifetime licence.

I like roon and am coming up to my first year of use.

Pluses:
  • Excellent DSP features, I have barely scratched the surface and am not always sure I hear a difference, but great to have it there
  • Room grouping is great
  • So many devices and gadgets are compatible therefore we have aunified music system for the house, to play out of expensive hifi and cheap computers
  • Interface looks pretty

Minuses:
  • Internet radio is shite
  • No ripping features (A beta one is now available for those with roon rock but it does not tag (!)
  • The interface is a nightmare piece of shite to use. Side scrolling really? And on a phone its just an utter nonsense anything more than a few artists and you are going to have thumb cramp scrolling, there is no real reasoning for this, something to do with 'wanting us to discover', well the way I discover is often just to scroll through, give me a god damn scroll bar or a-z.
  • Cannot use over VPN (Can get round this with ZeroTier

The pluses outweigh the minuses for me, particularly with being able to use it on phones, pcs, mac, squeeze etc and for the interface to look identical in all cases.

advertisement

Back