Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Glenn Croft

Discussion in 'audio' started by lilolee, Nov 5, 2022.

1. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Very sad news.

2. Radlett Audio

Radlett Audio Trade: Radlett Audio

Glenn was a lovely man who cared for customers as would a friend. He was a good friend to me for over 40 years and I miss him already.

Make I make a plea not to try and contact his business in any way as his family and friends are having a hard time dealing with his loss and trying to sort out business matters. It's hell for them just now.

Alvarado, Tomsk, G T Audio and 5 others like this.
  3. TonyScarlett

TonyScarlett pfm Member

Sad news, Croft amps have been on my bucket list for a while now. RIP

4. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I did think this, his business was/is still very active. I don’t know the circumstances but I’m assuming this was pretty sudden. Very, very sad news.

5. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

I once had a short conversation with Glenn regarding my preamp. I complained about the overly high gain of the preamp. It was ok when listening to records but blew the windows out when listening to cd. Glenn’s reply was that Croft didn’t do cd! I was a bit put out by his reply but to his credit he later showed me how to reduce the gain and I used it in my office system for quite some time. There have been a few times when I wished I’d never sold it on.

RIP Glenn.

6. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Upsetting news. RIP

7. Bronzeage

Bronzeage pfm Member

RIP Glenn, so sad for his family, friends and the audio community.

8. MEMF1980

MEMF1980 pfm Member

Truly sad news. A lovely chap who made wonderful stuff. Thanks

9. Cato

Cato pfm Member

Very sad news, RIP Glenn

10. ArtK

ArtK Lovin’ life!

Very sad. We exchanged emails…what a lovely man. RIP, Glenn. I will keep my Phono Integrated until I can pass it on to my music loving stepdaughter.

11. calorgas

calorgas Generic middle-aged man

Awfully sad news. Great gear and such a helpful guy, including servicing & supporting any item he'd ever made, I believe.

12. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

RIP. My thoughts are with his family and close friends. He responded kindly to my emails about upgrading a Croft RIAA R. So sad.

13. maccar

maccar pfm Member

Sad news, never heard a bad word about the man or his work, RIP
    Mac

Chops54 likes this.
  14. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Very sad. I had a Super Micro at one time. Great pre made by an obviously great person. :(

15. Jake888

Jake888 New Member

Glenn was such a nice guy! I was in touch with him only recently.... his amps are fantastic. RIP Glenn

16. valvenut

valvenut pfm Member

I spoke with Glenn many times,I will miss his sense of humour .What a lovely guy.
    Absolutely feeling for his family.My heart goes out to them.I will miss him massively.

17. Yivez

Yivez Well-Known Member

Had several Croft amps/pres I really enjoyed owning them and Glenn was pleasure to deal with. RIP Glenn

18. heidcase music

heidcase music pfm Member

Sad Sad news .. thoughts and sympathy for Family and Friends

19. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Awful news. There could hardly be a bigger loss to British hi-fi. Glenn had great ideas and the courage of his convictions, and was a model of how to engage with customers.

RogerJW, Rosewind, Mike1965 and 3 others like this.
  20. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

Only just heard this sad news. What a terrible loss for his family, friends and of course hi-fi enthusiasts the world over - RIP.

RogerJW likes this.