Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Glenn Croft

Discussion in 'audio' started by lilolee, Nov 5, 2022.

1. A lovely man and a great designer. He was in it for the art not the money, and would upgrade and support any of his products at a very fair price. He was always open for advice too. Well as long as there wasn't a test series on :)

He trod his own path and kept the valve flame going when they were unpopular. We've lost another one of the greats.

(My favourite amp of his was a Super Micro IV Octal.)

Tomsk and paulfromcamden like this.
  2. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall pfm Member

RIP, a very sad loss for the Hifi community.

3. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

4. koi

koi pfm Member

Sad to hear this RIP

5. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

Terrible news, anyone who met Glenn will know what a superb bloke he was to deal with. I’ve always been proud to have Croft gear that he modified and will treasure it even more now. RIP Glenn.

w00fer and Nagraboy like this.
  6. Simon s

Simon s pfm Member

Such Sad news. One of the true legends. RIP glenn

7. eksiil

eksiil been there

RIP. the sound his work makes up a huge part of my life.

8. Andy Stephenson

Andy Stephenson pfm Member

I've never been lucky enough to listen to a Croft amp, and by all accounts I've missed out.

So sad to hear about Glenn's passing. He will be missed by many.

RIP Glenn

9. Old Shatterhand

Old Shatterhand pfm Member

Very, very sad news. I love his affordable, great sounding stuff. Also very kind and helpful if someone have had a question.

10. TimF

TimF pfm Member

RIP Glenn, I will continue to enjoy my amps, such wonderful music that comes out of those spartan little boxes!

11. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Very sad news. I use my little Croft Integrated every day and love it. When the transformer did a wobbly a few years back he fixed it for free and even paid the return shipping.

I really enjoyed the recent thread where some members posted about Glen dropping off amps in his stripped out 911 reeking of petrol.

12. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Sadly we are one legend less. RIP Glen.

13. Mike1965

Mike1965 pfm Member

So sad to hear this. I listen through my Croft pre and power every day. Never a thought to change and never will. Thank you Glenn, RIP

paulfromcamden likes this.
  14. DonMarks

DonMarks pfm Member

… very sad…
    Am one of the lucky ones that got a chance to hear his amps.

RIP Glenn

15. RIP Glenn.

BB

16. lost audiophile

lost audiophile pfm Member

I can't believe it. I'm really, really upset. Such a nice person too

17. antinchip

antinchip pfm Member

Very sad news. I had the privilege to be able to enjoy Croft kit for a number of years. Glenn made a few effective good value upgrades for me and was a pleasure to deal with. RIP

18. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

That is incredibly sad news, a massive loss to the community (as well as his loved ones obviously).

RIP

19. Dan K

Dan K pfm Member

Terrible news. Rip Glenn.

Fantastic amps and an extremely helpful chap

20. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

wow sad news