advertisement

Record Store Day 2018

My copy of this RSD 2018 release arrived yesterday:

tangerine-dream-run-to-vegas-leviathan.jpg

Apparently the track is from 1978. Hmm...

A bit gutted I missed Dead Bees, I must confess.

Isn't Dead Bees getting a release later in the year. I managed a copy and it is lovely though there is a kind of digital blip a few seconds into one of the tracks on side three....must compare with the CD.

Isn't Dead Bees getting a release later in the year. I managed a copy and it is lovely though there is a kind of digital blip a few seconds into one of the tracks on side three....must compare with the CD.

Yes, it is. Actually I was talking to the guy who owns a local record shop and he was consoling me by saying that he prefers black vinyl anyway, as do I. I still can't help felling that covetous bitterness that RSD seems to stoke up (as in grrr, I've been a fan since Ghosts was on TOTP, but all these eBay opportunists are hoovering up the Sylvian LP).

Dead Bees is by far Sylvian's weekest album for me, and I was disappointed when he adopted that guru lady, but I would like to revisit it, and this release looks it might strengthen the album by adding the extra tracks, rather than dilute it.

p.s. I was also told there were some blips/pressing flaws. The annoying thing about white vinyl is it hides a multitude of pressing sins, whereas with black vinyl a good halogen will show exactly what's going on.

Bowie - Blackout. one of the best live albums I have ever purchased, Station to Station track is superb.

Bloss

Agreed! Great concert, great sound quality, and superb pressings. Bowie was in top form!

I saw him on this tour in 1978 in Chicago, a couple of months before the London concert. This album brings back some wonderful memories.

Agreed! Great concert, great sound quality, and superb pressings. Bowie was in top form!

I saw him on this tour in 1978 in Chicago, a couple of months before the London concert. This album brings back some wonderful memories.

I only saw him once, in the early 70's, Hemel Hempstead Pavillion, just after he had released Hunky Dory and Ziggy. Blackout lets me hear what I had missed in the later years.

Bloss

advertisement

Back