advertisement

Record Shops RIP ...................................

Didn't get chance to pop in this time DS - but last time it was mostly mainstream. Wouldn't go there especially if I were you.

Moved to Cardiff this week. Managed to check out Catapault - pretty good if slipmats are your thing. Bought a few random 12" even though I don't have a record player at the moment (or a permanent address for that matter). Looking forward to visiting D'Vinyl 'floor to ceiling CDs and vinyl' sounds like my kind of store.

JohnfromCardiff, also give Spillers, Kellys, The Record Store and in Newport Diverse a try there is it.

D'Vinyl is the sort of place where you have to climb on the record crates to get to the others at the back, so not do it in a rush there.

DS

Not an RIP but not far off. Popped into Sifters yesterday to have a break from the Mancs who can't drive, and it was in a sorry state. I reckon he can't have had any new stock in for about 5 years, just very average standard rock/pop. I remember about 8 years ago my sister took me in there with £50 for my birthday pressie and I could easily have spent more. Yesterday - £2.20 on 2 Elvis Costello 12" singles that were really just collection fillers (and absolutely filthy). Oh well...

Not an RIP but not far off. Popped into Sifters yesterday to have a break from the Mancs who can't drive, and it was in a sorry state. I reckon he can't have had any new stock in for about 5 years, just very average standard rock/pop.

I cleared Sifters and King Bee out during the week!

Tony.

I sagged them places off and had a decent shop in Hull...Spin It and Off Beat. Not bad, not great, but open.

For Nottingham there is the tragedy of Rob's Records, where all the fresh stock is tipped in through a slot in the ceiling, like a big piggy bank is it.

Or Ohmygosh for dubstep and D'n'B

Or Music Inn for CD only show tunes ( voted least likely music shop for me to visit)

Or Good Vibrations for general s/h

Or a couple in the West End arcade one metal and the other optimistic charity with about 30 LPs there.

Good luck hunting!

DS

That or a leak perhaps there is it.

It is quite common in That London to meet up with people, you just have to ask everyone you see, including on the Tube 'Are you DS?' That will work.

DS

A report from Oxford is it.

Sort of one in one out. Vinyl Frontier, the last 2nd hand shop went some time ago, but in the same road intersection is the new Truck Records, new CDs and 6 bins of new vinyl and some LPs on the shelves, several Radioheads as expected. The RSA says they are considering a 2nd hand section in the next phase of operations, so that would be a good thing.

I always find it a bit odd displaying the LPs sleeve facing out on a shelf on a wall, seems a tad inefficient there,

DS

advertisement

Back