advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

They are excellent

PS- I enjoyed Top Boy: Summerhouse too.

Thanks for the advice. I am glad to see Jamie has showed up again in Season 3.

When I first moved to London I remember meeting a heroin user who was not unlike Jamie -- hence I find his part very touching. That was in Dalston in fact, I lived in Stoke Newington before it became gentrified and would go shopping in Kingsland market.

That was in Dalston in fact, I lived in Stoke Newington before it became gentrified and would go shopping in Kingsland market.

That was my part of London and possibly I was part of the gentrification. My mate bought a house there when it was the obvious next place to get really expensive (about 94 I think). I lived there with him 97-ish before moving to Highbury (but really more like Stokey as it was just the other side of Newington Green rather than up towards Highbury Corner). The other side of Stoke Newington Road was still very Top Boy type country rather than full of solicitors and accountants.

I enjoyed it as well. A few questions haven’t been answered though. Season 2?
Fallout season 2 has been commissioned.

I thought the first two episodes were childishly gruesome. I know the games were also violent, but this felt like they were apeing The Boys (another Amazon commission, and a programme that was so in love with trying to shock the audience with gore and sex that by series three they'd completely forgotten about telling a story). Fortunately, the gratuitous violence faded to the background in the the third episode and the story came to the fore.

... and Walton Goggins steals every scene he's in.

Fallout season 2 has been commissioned.

I thought the first two episodes were childishly gruesome. I know the games were also violent, but this felt like they were apeing The Boys (another Amazon commission, and a programme that was so in love with trying to shock the audience with gore and sex that by series three they'd completely forgotten about telling a story). Fortunately, the gratuitous violence faded to the background in the the third episode and the story came to the fore.

... and Walton Goggins steals every scene he's in.
I didn’t get past Ep 2, will give it another go, not so much the gore/violence just didn’t think it was all that…..Gone back to Daredevil Universe watching the series in order after we got a 3 month Disney sub via Tesco vouchers.

Red Dust on iPlayer, lawyer Hilary Swank returns to South Africa to assist in a Truth Commission hearing - white ex-policeman claiming amnesty for past misdeeds (torture) against black ANC members. Not a heavyweight movie but well done and interesting.

"Elsbeth" is a sort of Poundshop version of the excellent Poker Face but with Elsbeth Tacioni (a recurring character from The Good Wife) playing the Columbo part. It is the very definition of mid and a total piece of prime time network fluff. My parent's love it so will suit anyone who likes Bargain Hunt, Homes Under The |Hammer, that one with Michael Portillo wandering around Norfolk or any TV show where every episode has a murder at the start and an arrest at the end.

I use it as a palette cleanser in between episodes of The Responder to avoid the latter becoming all too much and collapsing in despair at the unrelenting trauma of it all.

Watched ‘The Snowman’ on Amazon tonight. I quite enjoyed it but was left thinking it would have been better as a TV series. It also became apparent who the Perp was earlier than usual in these things.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back