advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Was unimpressed by “Leave The World Behind” (an ongoing theme with US Netflix films) but loved “A Nearly Normal Family”

Bad times at the El Royal on Disney + is pretty good, a bit mental and a bit Tarantino and apocalypse now but I enjoyed it.

’Miles’ is a brilliant character.

BTW, its free on Disney + but £9 on Apple to buy or £4.99 to rent.

I thought Reacher Season 2 was big drop off from Season 1 and gave up about Episode 3. Turns out there is a big online fight about this mostly surrounding this article.

My current watch is 'For All Mankind' (Apple TV) which is one of those shows I never watched but people rave about.

Fargo 5 on Prime. Noah Hawley summons strange people from his imagitation.
The first with Billy Bob was the best. Four was different.
John Hamm (Madmen) Jennifer Jason Leigh and Zuno Temple lead a fine cast.

The Gardener. On Amazon Prime. Josling with some other worthy candidates to be the worst film I've ever sat through. Risible plot, terrible acting. I felt compelled to watch to the end, thinking it couldn't possibly get any worse. It did...

Tried watching The Borgias. Despite what would be regarded as a very strong cast and expensive production, the script and directing are daytime soap opera dross. It makes Napoleon look professional.

So much garbage, then when you find something
there's a charge.Thank *k.for Park Chan-Wook tonight bbc4.

Tried watching The Borgias. Despite what would be regarded as a very strong cast and expensive production, the script and directing are daytime soap opera dross. It makes Napoleon look professional.
The script, I thought, was bogged down in detail with no sense of dramatic storytelling. So I totally agree, and I too bailed.

advertisement

Back