advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Watched first 4 episodes of Yellowstone on Paramount+. It’s nonsense but quite compelling, which the Americans seem to do very well.

Think a much lesser intelligent Succession, set in the countryside with more death.

Kelly Reilly being in it helps too.

Cheers BB

We watched "White Noise" which was good. A satire on American life in Academia and other perils of modern life. Once again I have watched something that I have not read the book on which it was based

Watched first couple of episodes of New Amsterdam on Netflix last night. Mostly works the hospital genre formula engagingly, but was bothered by OTT melodrama in the OR as the surgeon literally 'reached in and dragged life back from the clutches of death.' And I'm beginning to not believe quite enough in our superstar Director of Medicine. So may or may not be with this for the season.

Netflix

Don’t Say A Word

Thriller, fast pace.

Michael Douglas, Sean Bean.

Highly recommended

really enjoyed this .. about when Pakistan tried to hide their atomic bomb making facility . excellent [ a few crazy dance moves on top of a train !]

I'm late to The White Lotus but that meant I could enjoy two series over a month or so. Best thing on TV since Succession IMO.

Watched the first episode of The Last of Us: the first half hour is so emotionally manipulative and brutal that the rest of it actually seems pretty easy going, for a post-apocalyptic zombie thing.

Watched all 6 episodes of "A Spy among Friends," which was excellent.
Then watched "Fleming, the Man who Would be Bond," which was appallingly bad.

Harry Melling. Dudley Dursley from the Harry Potter films.

Yes - The Wife informed me of that fact as well. I couldn’t bear Harry Potter in book or film versions, unlike The Wife and Children who loved all that malarkey.

He (Melling) is a haunted looking fellow. Looks like he can act the pants off of Daniel Radcliffe, who I do not rate.

Mary Queen of Scots on iPlayer really good surprised to be honest a host of decent actors too, had no idea that Lord Darnley was gay and did a et tu Brutus on his lover in the Queen’s bedchamber, I knew he was an absolute scumbag but had no idea he was such a duplicitous sh!t, well they all were, Maitland (scumbag) and Bothwell too, a real creepy Bstard, incidentally those are all Glasgow street names.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back