advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Good Night Oppy on Amazon Prime is wonderful. It’s a documentary about the two Mars rovers launched in 2003.

1899 on Netflix.

If you enjoyed Dark and The Rain you will enjoy this.
Excellent mult-language acting. Some great music.

Each of the episodes build to excellent cliffhanger endings worthy of an end of season.

Any more info and I could spoil the fun.

Somewhat off topic but I’m rewatching Edge of Darkness from the BBC DVDs for the nth time. Still the best TV series I’ve ever seen and if you haven’t seen it you’re missing out big time.

Yup, still one of the best, if not the best, dramas the BBC has ever put out there.
Have watched it many times....might put it on again now.

"Who the hell is Pendleton?"

We're into the second season of Handmaid's tale, and we're thinking of knocking it on the head.
Should be persevere?

We're into the second season of Handmaid's tale, and we're thinking of knocking it on the head.
Should be persevere?
IMHO the seasons after the first are still worth watching, but not as worth watching. Having said that, I am underwhelmed by the current season.

Should be persevere?
It's naturally all a matter of individual taste, and I would never continue any series out of a sense of duty, but we have enjoyed it and continue to do so. At times, it can be almost painfully slow-moving, but the individual performances are excellent and the ghastly world of Gilead seems ever more like what the US religious right would like the country to be. Of course, the show is now well beyond the original source material, so it will be interesting to see where the series goes. I believe a sixth and final season is planned.

Last edited:
Hmmm - If the first season is the best, then I think we'll give it a miss. "Painfully slow" sums it up for me.

I am really enjoying Tulsa King, on Paramount+. I believe that it is from the writers of The Sopranos, with Sylvester Stallone playing the lead. He's a mafia made man, getting out of prison after twenty years and being sent to Tulsa to find opportunities to make money. It has received a lot of critical acclaim.

Last Chance U - Basketball, season 2 on Netflix. Brilliant, inspiring.

Severence & Slow Horses on Apple TV

Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime, 3 seasons, rather good action series.

advertisement

Back