advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

The Devil’s Hour on Prime was excellent. Peter Capaldi is always a compelling watch and the rest of the cast were great too. The plot-lines unfolded in the last two episodes but prior to that it was tense and you were never sure where it was going. Recommended.

Watched Gosford Park last night on Disney plus, excellent movie, full of the very top echelon of UK actors, great story too and a look at a by-gone age where the servants were really the ones keeping the class thing going.

Some fantastic performances too, the old Butler was brilliant as a conscientious objector found out, finally.

Helen Mirren outstanding too as was Kelly MacDonald.

Great film.

I also watched Once Upon A Time in America at the weekend, also on Disney plus. Magnificent.

Andor on Disney+.

Nine fantastic episodes in and for me it’s the best ‘Star Wars’ of the Disney era by a country mile. Brilliantly written, acted, directed. Feels more like a British war or spy drama, full of espionage, intrigue and tension… Not for the younger audience or anyone with a deficit of attention as it’s very much a slow burn but still has its spectacular moments.

5 episodes in and really enjoying it...

For me The Mandalorian has been the best series so for, but Andor is very good indeed!

Rogue One is the best of the films IMO

5 episodes in and really enjoying it...

For me The Mandalorian has been the best series so for, but Andor is very good indeed!

Rogue One is the best of the films IMO

Watched Episode 10 last night. Andy Serkis (what an incredible arc for his character) and Stellan Skarsgard were amazing. Skarsgard’s monologue was almost Shakespearean! Best thing on TV right now.

Watched Episode 10 last night. Andy Serkis (what an incredible arc for his character) and Stellan Skarsgard were amazing. Skarsgard’s monologue was almost Shakespearean! Best thing on TV right now.

Just on Episode 7 and bloody hell, it's Cleveleys!

Mythic Quest is back and as bat-shit crazy as ever thank goodness.

Mosquito Coast is also back building on a very strong first season.

I'm enjoying 'The Peripheral' on Amazon prime.
It has diverged from William Gibson's book quite significantly.
My only problem with it, and it's quite a biggie, is the opening differed so significantly that I feel the reason that Flynne is under threat is much weaker than the book.

Got Prime last night because someone recommended we watch Handmaid's Tale. We've only watched one episode, so the jury's out...

The Watcher on Netflix I’m finding to be very good.

It has had so so reviews, but I rate it highly, more so since it’s a true story.

Down to the last episode, leaving it for tonight’s viewing.

advertisement

Back