advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Samba on prime is fantastic Charlotte Gainsborough is in it she’s absolutely outstanding as is all of the other actors.

Inherent Vice on Prime and on the iTunes Store £3.49 to rent Paul Thomas Anderston’s movie he’s also got a new one out on the iTunes Store, liquorice pizza which looks very good too but it’s £13 to buy.

The new documentary on Jimmy Savile on Netflix was, as you might expect a pretty depressing and sobering watch. It’s still hard to fathom just how he managed to hoodwink so many, for so long, given what a vile, strange, letch of a man he was. It’s very disturbing

There was a collective blind spot with Jimmy Saville, incredible to behold really. But these were very different times when ‘abuse’ was ignored or just laughed off.

In Scarborough there was a well know personality with a predilection for small boys, he served as mayor in the town. It was an open secret. He ran an ice cream parlour on the seafront. Saville was well known in the Town, used to run round the drive, in Leeds they had his gold coffin on display at the Queens hotel, 1000s queued to pay there respects.

Simply incredible.

Not to derail this thread, but lots of people absolutely did know. Literally the day he died there was a joke on the old Guardian forums where it was a running joke of "Guess whose turn it is face down on the mortuary slab tonight?" and there were references on places like Popbitch for years before. The problem was more of institutional blindness and at the time everyone assumed it was because there was plenty of rumour but no actual evidence or the people in charge and/or the police would look into it.

Not to derail this thread, but lots of people absolutely did know. Literally the day he died there was a joke on the old Guardian forums where it was a running joke of "Guess whose turn it is face down on the mortuary slab tonight?" and there were references on places like Popbitch for years before. The problem was more of institutional blindness and at the time everyone assumed it was because there was plenty of rumour but no actual evidence or the people in charge and/or the police would look into it.
The general public were quite complicit in this selective blindness. I think celebrities were, perhaps, more trusted then, we believed what was on the TV & this was largely a pre-internet age.

The general public were quite complicit in this selective blindness. I think celebrities were, perhaps, more trusted then, we believed what was on the TV & this was largely a pre-internet age.

I watched the three episodes of Maxwell the other night and literally tens of people if not hundreds of people knew what was going on with Epstein, he was literally abusing three young girls a day every day for years it was an open secret around where the girls lived but everywhere he went ie abroad Maxwell was procuring young girls for him she even commissioned a guy to write a song for his fortieth birthday party that more or less confirmed he was abusing young girls.

He also gone quite right wing. He’s not having an easy time to be fair.

Yes, I saw something suggesting he was a Trump fan, but I never know if he’s trolling. He’s always been a total wind-up merchant. I don’t follow him though so no idea where he’s at these days. The most recent record I own is either Flowers Of Romance, or Leftfield’s Open Up depending on how one views things.

Yes, I saw something suggesting he was a Trump fan, but I never know if he’s trolling. He’s always been a total wind-up merchant. I don’t follow him though so no idea where he’s at these days. The most recent record I own is either Flowers Of Romance, or Leftfield’s Open Up depending on how one views things.
I’ve never really been a fan of his but his wife is rather ill & he is her full time carer, his need for money is rather evident when living in the US.

Watched Boiling Point on Netflix last Friday, very enjoyable.

Superb!
Just watched it..and wow! Stephen Graham is just excellent, as are nearly all the rest of the cast.
Edge of the seat all the way through... Highly recommended here!

There was a collective blind spot with Jimmy Saville, incredible to behold really. But these were very different times when ‘abuse’ was ignored or just laughed off.

In Scarborough there was a well know personality with a predilection for small boys, he served as mayor in the town. It was an open secret. He ran an ice cream parlour on the seafront. Saville was well known in the Town, used to run round the drive, in Leeds they had his gold coffin on display at the Queens hotel, 1000s queued to pay there respects.

Simply incredible.
My sister worked in a well known food chain in Leeds. JS used to frequent this chain. She said all were warned about him as he had wandering hands. She said he tried to put his hands under her skirt as she was serving. She said everyone was creeped out by him.

advertisement

Back