advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Last night we watched the final episodes of Ozark, the last season. The way it ended they; the writers could easily continue into another season. I wouldn’t mind if it turned out to be as consistently good as it has been from the start. Good stuff, highly recommended. Think I’ll now check out the latest Peaky Blinders episodes.

Still trying to get into "Outer Range" on Amazon. It could come good but, if that Buffalo is only there because "Lost" had a Polar Bear running around I'll be a little upset :)

Just watched the final episode of Slow Horses on Apple TV.

First time in a long while I've enjoyed something as much as this. Can't wait for Season Two. I may need to read the books.
The boss insisted we watch it as she loves the books. Think she has read them all
Twas good

I enjoyed Slow Horses too. Great cast, particularly Gary Oldman. A friend who’s read the books thinks the casting is spot on, although as I recall he said the character of Di Taverner was a lot younger in the books.

Mick

Watched Next Door last night on Rakuten TV (I had a voucher) but it’s also on most of the other streaming services, absolutely outstanding acting from the two leads and an excellent story, well worth the £5 rental fee but I would buy it too it’s that good!

Berlin looks excellent too it’s like going into the past circa 1960 pre-wall and a bit like the city in Angel Of Desire which is also a fantastic film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Door_(2021_film)

having been impressed with HIDDEN , a detective series in wales , just now watching series one . wow ... its very gripping and stunning scenery

New series Bosch- Legacy now available on Amazon.
After leaving the force Bosch is now a PI.

Ozark ending - WTF!

The English remake of Call My Agent "10 Percent" (Amazon Prime) is actually pretty good despite mixed reviews I've heard. People who loved the French original might not like it as much, especially if you speak French.

The English remake of Call My Agent "10 Percent" (Amazon Prime) is actually pretty good despite mixed reviews I've heard. People who loved the French original might not like it as much, especially if you speak French.
We liked 10% a lot
Keen to see Call my agent and left it before the first episode.
Can't see why it is so popular

Managed to sit through the first episode of Life After Life because the Mrs. was keen.
Won’t be wasting any more time on it though.

New series Bosch- Legacy now available on Amazon.
After leaving the force Bosch is now a PI.

Ozark ending - WTF!

I’m up to S4 ep6 on Ozark, it’s a great series but boy there’s a lot going on in an episode! I’ll finish the series tonight or tomorrow, I expect to need a rest by the end of it!

Meltdown on Netflix about the three mile island accident, scary stuff especially about how Bechtel tried to cut corners and intimidate whistleblowers.

That and “Downfall:The Case against Boeing” which is enough to turn anyone into a raging anti capitalist.

Still trying to get into "Outer Range" on Amazon. It could come good but, if that Buffalo is only there because "Lost" had a Polar Bear running around I'll be a little upset :)

I dont know man, its loosing the plot pretty badly. Shame. I loved No Country For Old Men, lol. This show is really showing the limitations of my old TV, why does 90% of it have to be shot in the dark!

We watched Bosch Legacy last night and thought it was pretty ropey. There is some cringingly bad acting in parts and the whole thing hints at cancelled by Amazon picked up by a second production company.

advertisement

Back