advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Yeah it looks like I signed up for a free trial with the wrong provider lol - I'll see if I can't get a trial with Disney instead :)

ATV+ is very good mate but we let the sub lapse cause we watch Amazon prime (VG) Disney + (VG) BBC iPlayer (excellent) and of course the Apple Store for movies/rentals etc but to be honest Amazon Prime can often be cheaper to rent and Disney + has some of the Apple Store's top movies free with the subscription.

There's also Apple One which I'm thinking of getting or trying think it's £14 a month for everything including 250gig iCloud storage.

https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-one/

Yeah it looks like I signed up for a free trial with the wrong provider lol - I'll see if I can't get a trial with Disney instead :)
We signed up just to watch Get Back, it was well worth it. We found a couple of movies too, and then cancelled within the month. We similarly turn Netflix on for a bit and then off, especially now they put the prices up. Same with Apples TV+.

We signed up just to watch Get Back, it was well worth it. We found a couple of movies too, and then cancelled within the month. We similarly turn Netflix on for a bit and then off, especially now they put the prices up. Same with Apples TV+.

Don't have Netflix but I've read that they have the best multichannel audio stuff?

Don't have Netflix but I've read that they have the best multichannel audio stuff?
Possibly, I’ve only got a modest 3 channel AV system, but the audio seems good - plenty of Dolby Atmos soundtracks, not that I get the full kazillion channels. Amazon Prime sound and picture seems worse, but Apple is better I think. But I’ve not made any side by side comparisons. Just get a months subscription and give it a punt yourself before winter and lockdown are over. Netflix make ending your subscription very easy.

Possibly, I’ve only got a modest 3 channel AV system, but the audio seems good - plenty of Dolby Atmos soundtracks, not that I get the full kazillion channels. Amazon Prime sound and picture seems worse, but Apple is better I think. But I’ve not made any side by side comparisons. Just get a months subscription and give it a punt yourself before winter and lockdown are over. Netflix make ending your subscription very easy.

Thanks I'll see if my daughter has a Netflix sub:D

I agree that Apple picture quality is very good as is the audio, Amazon is a bit 'meh' and sometimes has no subtitles, Disney + has great picture quality but the sound is pretty quiet, I have to crank up the volume, same with BBC iplayer and the Freeview HD channels.

IMDB free movies are good though as is Britbox and Mubi

Totally subjective. Atmos containers for streaming are getting there but TBH there's no comparison whatsoever to the real thing on a 4k Blu ray disc.

It's like MP3 vs 24/192. Some people are happy with it. Some not.

Agree with your analogy BTW.

Totally subjective. Atmos containers for streaming are getting there but TBH there's no comparison whatsoever to the real thing on a 4k Blu ray disc.

It's like MP3 vs 24/192. Some people are happy with it. Some not.

Agree with your analogy BTW.
Totally, my Oppo playing a UHD disk blows away any streaming TV service but it’s hard to argue about the value Netflix etc give, just like Spotify/Tidal for music. I only buy UHD occasionally disks these days - biggies like Dune or Special Editions of old faves, when Laserdisc and then DVD came out I’d buy them on a regular basis, still have our modded Sony Laserdisc player and collection.

Same here. Only buy the ones with a decent soundtrack and cinematography.

Never invested in Laserdisc but old stuff like the Marx Brothers , Will Hay, Humphrey Bogart stiil hold up really well on DVD on a 4k screen. Watched some the other day.

Bloody marvelous.

West Side Story has just been released on Disney + free to view it's also on the Apple store not check out the price but new movies on there and on Amazon are usually £15.99 to rent.

Looks great BTW.

West Side Story has just been released on Disney + free to view it's also on the Apple store not check out the price but new movies on there and on Amazon are usually £15.99 to rent.

Looks great BTW.
Not available in France :mad:

Came across an Netflix Korean series called I hear your voice. As is often the case with these series, the premise is silly (a kid who can read people's thoughts when he looks into their eyes), but the girl who plays the lead role is excellent.

Anyone watching the ITV series Ipcress File like what I have watched so far and approve of the increased depth and story lines that have been added .
I really enjoyed it apart from constantly recognising the Liverpool film locations.

advertisement

Back