advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

There is some great mountain footage but it's a documentary made by a climber's son who is trying to come to terms with losing his father, finding him again (literally) and trying to work out wether he can really consider the climber's best friend as his dad.

There's a Sunday Times (I think) article) which is much much better at explaining all of this, I think it would be worthwhile looking for and reading that article before watching the documentary.

The parents, or more accurately the menage a trios, are really three weird people, the sons are well effed up especially the documentary maker.
It sounds good :D
Thanks again.

Watched the short (8 episodes) My Name on Netflix, one of the few Korean series that is dubbed - all martial arts action, lots of blood and gore. My problem is remembering who's who with the various Korean names being thrown around!
I can set Korean audio and English subs on it here (presuming your comment was meant to suggest you couldn't).

Mick

We watched "Big Bug" on Netflix, a French farce about humanoid automatons protecting/ hindering a future extended family. It is something they do well,It has some connection with "Delicatessen" Another one was "Stuck Together" about a block of flats in isolation during the height of Covid complete with mad scientist on the ground floor and a belligerent Belgium in the pent house They are both a very good palate cleanser for the 'usual' Scandi Noir blood, guts and depressiveness :)

Have enjoyed these experimental archeology shows on Prime.

Secrets of the Castle
Tudor Monastery Farm
Victorian Farm
Edwardian Farm
Wartime Farm

The Beatles Get Back documentary I think has already been mentioned on this very good Thread. I was just a nipper when they split up and I was a bit sad about it cos we sung their songs in primary school. But I was never really a fan; after being blown away by the first half of the docu, I am now! I was a little Sikh lad and I remember how Enoch Powel f#cked us over – and The Beatles taking the piss out of him while improvising had me in stitches.
“Get back Enoch!”

I just signed up for a free three-month trial of Apple TV+ as I thought that Get Back documentary was on it but I now know that's on Disney. Anyway, now that I've got the Apple trial, what's good, and what's free!?

I just signed up for a free three-month trial of Apple TV+ as I thought that Get Back documentary was on it but I now know that's on Disney. Anyway, now that I've got the Apple trial, what's good, and what's free!?
This’ll get you started. You can probably get through the best stuff in a 30 Day Trial.

For All Mankind - thought it was a fantastic series
Morning Show
Ted Lasso - not my cuppa but might be a winner
Foundation
Tragedy of Macbeth - Denzel Washington movie
Invasion
Tehran
Few Music Docs worth a watch.

Coda's brilliant BTW and the also Bill Murray movie which is hilarious there's loads of good stuff on AT+ Disney + is better though IMO

Ted Lasso. We just didn't fancy it (American football coach joins English club) but following positive reviews we thought we'd give it a shot, & it was great!
Coda. Funny, heartwarming, superb.

We have just watched 'Tell It To The Bees' on Amazon prime, it's about a same sex relationship and also a mixed race relationship in 1950s Scotland in a small village, the acting is superb but the small boy who plays Charlie is outstanding.

Well worth a watch.

The get back doc is pish Derek but Disney + is well worth the sub not that I pay for it we use my daughter’s sub:D

Yeah it looks like I signed up for a free trial with the wrong provider lol - I'll see if I can't get a trial with Disney instead :)

advertisement

Back