advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Mark Kermode's surprising recommendation, we watched Gerard Butler in "Greenland" last night, a disaster movie on Prime. Actually, despite my considerable reservations, it wasn't half bad.

glad you’re enjoying it but I was referring to the Alan tudyk series.
episode twos breast exam had me spitting out my tea.
Wasn’t really expecting much but Tudyk is brilliant, you expect the same old jokes and they are the same but he adds something different and it’s very funny, no spoilers defo worth a look. You know it’s good if you want the next episode to arrive quicker.

A possible non-period camera is very small beer compared to using the WRONG effing house. And I guess that the NT would not have been too keen on letting the film company use the real site for excavation.
It's so annoying when they use those different locations in movies, rather than the actual ones, isn't it? For instance, I'm convinced the episode on planet Beta Omicron Delta III, which featured in Star Trek episode 12 "Shore Leave", was actually filmed on Nibiru!

Binge watched 'The Serpent' over the weekend, once you get used to how much it jumps around, it's a very good series. Watched the first three Episodes of 'It's A Sin' last night, I'd have watched the lot if I hadn't had a 4am start this morning, it's superb.

Cheers BB

I’ve been watching ‘raised by wolves’ which I’m strangely kind of enjoying, although some of the acting is a bit wanting. The fx are very good though.

Mothers outfit leaves little to the imagination, perhaps they should change the title to ‘raised by camel toe’ :eek::D:eek::D

I’ve been watching ‘raised by wolves’ which I’m strangely kind of enjoying, although some of the acting is a bit wanting. The fx are very good though.

Mothers outfit leaves little to the imagination, perhaps they should change the title to ‘raised by camel toe’ :eek::D:eek::D
Fathers jokes are a highlight!

Been on a bit of a movie binge the last few days due to having a week of Amazon Prime for 99p. I can recommend all of the following:
- Whiplash (film about a jazz drummer student, - great soundtrack!)
- The Gentlemen
- Parasite
- Official Secrets
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
- The Wee Man (film about Paul Ferris)
- Legend (film about the Krays)

Also I'm sure it will have been mentioned many times already on this thread but the Netflix drama 'The Queen's Gambit' is also captivating viewing.

Last edited:
The word on the street is that The Wee Man was filmed on location outside Glasgow because Strathclyde Police (or Police Scotland) vetoed filming on the grounds of public order. Could be media spin but I can see it being true as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back