advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it after fama’s recommendation, I’m with fama, really enjoyed it, I thought the breathless 150mph speed all way through was very good, oh, yes, wasn’t expecting the ending! Liked the way it started, no messing about, launched straight into Howard’s (Sandler) chaotic life. So, yes, very much a thumbs up from me.

(I checked and couldn’t see a full nod to Gerald...)

Will look up Punch Drunk Love, cheers Big Tabs.

Glad you enjoyed it.I think its an amazing movie. Sandler is brilliant.

"Sandler’s superb performance shows how Howard has what amounts to a superpower – his optimism, his toxic gift of the gab, his deranged delusional cheerfulness and his refusal to be fazed or scared by things that would reduce ordinary people to jelly."

Enjoyed Uncut Gems, although afterwards I read a review that said it was like a young millennial's idea of a mid-life crisis and that rang true.

I have watched the whole 10 episodes of White Lines. I must be masochistic and definitely deserve a medal, it was utter shite with some of the worst acting and preposterous plot lines I've seen in ages. Nice scenery though. Now my wife, she really does watch some rubbish, even she only managed to get half way through episode 1 which tells you all you need to know.

This year, like last, the best thing I've watched by a mile is Ozark. I've also enjoyed the latest Bosch and Goliath series on Prime too.

Just finished all 3 seasons of Goliath after seeing you’d liked it, must say I thought it was very very good, cheers.

Reactions: DIB
Watched The Upside, on Amazon Prime. Really enjoyed it, and found it really funny in places, too.

Having pigged out on Ozark/Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes during the last few weeks I've just started watching Orange Is The New Black.
I wasn't sure after the first episode but having watched a couple more last night it's quickly growing on me.

I really enjoyed Orange is the New Black.

In other news, I managed to watch about 70 minutes of Uncut Gems before bailing out. The story has potential, granted, but with Adam Sandler in the lead role, it just doesn't work for me. I'm out!

Have been binge watching The Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix, into Season 3 now, I know you have to suspend reality whilst watching these sorts of things but the story lines in this are ludicrous and you can see what's coming from a mile off. That said it's easy watching and I do enjoy some of the characters enough to see it through until the end.

Cheers BB

Anyone been watching "State of Happiness" on BBC? Slow, gentle drama about the arrival of the oil industry in Norway in the early 70s. No guns, no violence, nothing gratuitous.... and also no real baddies either, just a bunch of people dealing with their lives, making mistakes, acting selfishly at times but generally trying to do their best. Quite heartwarming and I enjoyed it.

On prime now ... terrific!

81vIlaOjH+L._SX600_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back