advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am enjoying The Last Dance on Netflix, a series about Michael Johnson.

Strange, the one I watched was about Michael Jordan! But it is an exceptional documentary about a truly exceptional sportsman.

Strange, the one I watched was about Michael Jordan! But it is an exceptional documentary about a truly exceptional sportsman.
Oh dear! I blame the bottle of wine I have just consumed, but really there’s no excuse! Red face. Shame. I have edited my post, but too late.

Basketball players look terrible in suits

You're spot on. Partly it was the style of the time ie wide shoulders, but they were already broad and ended up looking like they could have replaced a mast on a sailing ship.

Aye Kermode gave it a glowing review.

Vast of night—
well, that was a disappointment. All style, no substance.

See also 'Tales From the Loop'. Some good ideas, looked great, but each episode could have been 15 minutes long.

And I saw Ken Campbell's The Warp, so I have weird SF staying power.

Stephen

Upload on Prime is a bit of a hoot, with some nice ideas.

You can get beamed into the afterlife. How much you can pay determines which version of heaven you go to. You get your own customer service rep aka angel for the money.

Some of the storylines are quite funny. I wasn't completely convinced by the ending of the final episode, but am looking forward to the next series.

Jack

Uncut Gems
Adam Sandler
Wow brilliant film.

I was expecting something brilliant like Punch Drunk Love, but we found Uncut Gems hard work. Sandler for us is hit and miss.

Mmm, it’s not, rather shouty performance from Sandler but the ending is good.

I watched it after fama’s recommendation, I’m with fama, really enjoyed it, I thought the breathless 150mph speed all way through was very good, oh, yes, wasn’t expecting the ending! Liked the way it started, no messing about, launched straight into Howard’s (Sandler) chaotic life. So, yes, very much a thumbs up from me.

(I checked and couldn’t see a full nod to Gerald...)

Will look up Punch Drunk Love, cheers Big Tabs.

I think I'm immune to Adam Sandler's comedy as I've never laughed any time I've somehow ended up watching any of his work. If anything, I find him extremely annoying. Mmm, perhaps I'm not immune to his comedic shiteness after all - I must be allergic. As such, I've not even watched the trailer for Uncut Gems.

I think I'm immune to Adam Sandler's comedy as I've never laughed any time I've somehow ended up watching any of his work. If anything, I find him extremely annoying. Mmm, perhaps I'm not immune to his comedic shiteness after all - I must be allergic. As such, I've not even watched the trailer for Uncut Gems.

Hi, Uncut Gems isn’t a comedy, you might like him in this then?

I watched it after fama’s recommendation, I’m with fama, really enjoyed it, I thought the breathless 150mph speed all way through was very good, oh, yes, wasn’t expecting the ending! Liked the way it started, no messing about, launched straight into Howard’s (Sandler) chaotic life. So, yes, very much a thumbs up from me.

(I checked and couldn’t see a full nod to Gerald...)

Will look up Punch Drunk Love, cheers Big Tabs.

Punch Drunk Love is nothing like Uncut Gems.

Try not to watch any trailer, clips or reviews as any prior knowledge of the story may ruin it.

Then if you haven't seen Magnolia (1999) - watch that.

Magnolia is a stunning film. And again, knowing the story will spoil the film.

Punch Drunk Love is nothing like Uncut Gems.

Try not to watch any trailer, clips or reviews as any prior knowledge of the story may ruin it.

Then if you haven't seen Magnolia (1999) - watch that.

Magnolia is a stunning film. And again, knowing the story will spoil the film.

yes, saw Magnolia at the time, can’t remember it much (if at all, Julia Roberts?)

thanks for the tip regarding Punch’

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back