advertisement

Really good integrated amps

I’ve had the Line Magnetic 518A for 3 months now and it’s an absolute cracker. Best integrated out of the 6-7 I’ve had, 2nd would be the Lyngdorf 1120. Two very different beasts but both first class IMO.

Loving my 1984 Sansui AU-D11ii here, it has such clarity, bass weight and drive, it seems to do everything right.

Lots of knobs and buttons: Tone controls, loudness, balance, 2x tape loops, MM/MC phono which is damn fine too.

You can also download the service manual and trim it back to spec.

I prefer it to every integrated (every kind of amp actually) that has come before including: Lavardin IS, Audionet SAM, Naim XS3, Electrocompaniet ECI-3, ATC SIA-150, Luxman L507f to name a few

Last edited:
I bought a Philips 790 tuner/amp in 1972. It lasted until nearly 20 years ago.

So I needed to replace it. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money. The "deal breaker" would be din connections like the Philips, so by chance, I found this Leak 2000 on eBay for very little money.
It does the job perfectly, Its multiple inputs are handy for my turntable, cassette player, my two jukebox wall boxes on which I can select mp3s on iPods, there's even a socket for a tape recorder. I can also channel the TV sound through it if I choose. The speakers are Goodmans Havant I bought with Philips 790, as was the Philips 208 turntable. The Sharp cassette is of similar vintage, I guess this tape must be too.
I liked the Leak so much I bought a second one a couple of years ago on eBay for less than sixty quid, I use it in my office with bookshelf speakers, it works as well, both amps are also cosmetically perfect.

These come up occasionally on eBay, some look like a reasonably good buy..

Most that have been mentioned in this thread are good integrated amp's, but for the top few best super integrated amp's then you need to look at the ones like the vitus sia030, audionet Humboldt, solution, and a few others.
These are the ones that can really perform, and out perform many top separate combinations

Bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 with the Gryphon built in DAC, thought I was going to be blown away, I wasn’t and promptly moved it on!

Two integrated amps I’ve been thrilled with

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (should have kept it for system 2)

Luxman L-590AXII (current amp, proving hard to find something I like better)

Bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 with the Gryphon built in DAC, thought I was going to be blown away, I wasn’t and promptly moved it on!
What did you go for instead? I was thinking of trying one of these as a dealer I know has a used one in stock, it does look the business.

Your findings might be totally different to mine. I put the Unti Atom back in and found it fine. I only listen at low volumes.

I have an Exposure 15 integrated amp with moving coil input that was used in my main system for many years before replacing it with Exposure separates. It sits in storage for possible future use if needed.

CjLzm9V.jpeg

Loved my pass labs integ 150
Also owned a Gryphon Atilla which i thought was my endgame, but it was not for me. It was beaten by a Perreaux audiant 80 i.
I would go for the Aethos or Sugden a21se. Love those amps regardless of price

advertisement

Back