advertisement

Really good integrated amps

I have the Croft Phono Integrated. It showed some pretty spendy amps a clean set of heels in my listening room. That would include amps by LFD, Naim, Belles and Sugden. That said I now also have an Exposure 2510 that hasn’t left the system since it arrived. Once run in it is exactly what I had been looking for. Beautifully balanced with just the right amount of detail and nuance. Even the phono stage is excellent. So far it’s my favorite integrated amp. Being retired now, it might be my last.

I had a Croft and a LFD and I much preferred the LFD. Probably a system synergy thing..

I had a Croft and a LFD and I much preferred the LFD. Probably a system synergy thing..
I agree. I had the lowest end LFD at the time. I also have a friend who has the Croft Phono Integrated. He demoed the top end LFD and kept the Croft. I listened to it as well, and with speakers that I’m familiar with (I sold them to him). I also preferred the Croft. It’s just a preference thing. The amp that finally took out the Croft for him was an Audio Note Oto Phono Signature SE.

Same here.
One of the few amps where I do not miss a Naim 3-box combo.

Just lovely involving and all the power I need.
Timbres are so natural, timing are spot on.
Bas slam and basnotes are so nice and easy to follow, stunning on Technics GR and a Saturn.

Sometime its impossible to get to bed, you just need to listen one more record.o_O

I've given up using remote and think price range should include light in volume button, impossible for me to know position in half dark room.

The amp gets quite warm and need free space above.

I have just read your post and agree entirely re the Aethos and Saturn combination: stunning.

I also have a Technics 1210GR but mine is fitted with a Rega 880 tonearm and is amazing via an Aria (RigB bodied VM95ML).

Regarding the remote issue on the Aethos I have found that using a Naim Narcom remote as supplied with my Nait XS2 totally solves the issue and is much more controllable than using the supplied Rega remote.

My Aethos has a temperamental remote volume operation where it gets stuck at 11 o'clock with much whirring and no action: apparently easily fixed by slightly loosening a grub screw on the knob and moving it out slightly.

advertisement

Back