advertisement

Question Time

We could have a Nicky Morgan dumb-quote thread, "The people who ask for my help more and more are the people who need it". I'm glad she cleared that up.

Piers Morgan- what ever happens we will survive, so let’s get on with it. There it is in a nutshell. We will survive. Great! The audience is stuffed with Brexit voting Tory Party members!

Piers Morgan- what ever happens we will survive, so let’s get on with it. There it is in a nutshell. We will survive. Great! The audience is stuffed with Brexit voting Tory Party members!

Funny we are now in a place where we aspire to survive.

He described young people as the snowflake generation who need to toughen up. He’s a poisonous opportunist.

Every week, I feel more & more out of step with what the people/audience are saying.
OK, one week, well that's obviously a pro-Brexit area they're hosting the show from.... And then the next week, the same again, & the week after that & the week after that.
Bearing in mind the leave/remain vote was actually a fairly close split, it would appear from QT that the % of Brexiteers, "leave with no deal" supporters has substantially increased. The audience last night seems to think Trump was right & he would cut us a good deal FFS. How thick are these people to fall for this?

Every week, I feel more & more out of step with what the people/audience are saying.
OK, one week, well that's obviously a pro-Brexit area they're hosting the show from.... And then the next week, the same again, & the week after that & the week after that.
Bearing in mind the leave/remain vote was actually a fairly close split, it would appear from QT that the % of Brexiteers, "leave with no deal" supporters has substantially increased. The audience last night seems to think Trump was right & he would cut us a good deal FFS. How thick are these people to fall for this?
The producers stack the audience and encourage them to ask the most attention-grabbing question they can think of. This isn't an accurate picture of the public - it's a picture of a BBC producer's idea of the public. See 63Up for an alternative.

Saw a post on Facebook the other day that read 'How did we move from the NHS getting £350 million a week to the NHS being "on the table" as part of a trade deal?' The BBC producers seem to be packing the QT audiences with the ahem, evangelical end of the Brexiteer spectrum.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s Endarkenment stuff. Did you see the guy who asked why we weren’t leaving immediately on WTO rules? Panel members answered that it would be very damaging to do so, even the government data showed this. He just shouted back panto style “oh no it won’t” while going pink and moist in the face. Every week the BBC puts multiple versions of him on air and politicians who will repeat the same lie.
I’m afraid I have a very bad gut feeling about where this is heading.

Driving back oop north from Portsmouth last night I tuned into this on the radio.
By gum I enjoyed it. The panel were torn to shreds by an angry, articulate audience that pulled no punches whatsoever.
Sad that it had to be over such an appalling subject as knife crime but great that the politicians got both barrels for once.

Wow. If tonight's QT hasn't provided a good pen picture of how FUBAR the UK and its politicians are, I don't know what is.

I sensibly forgot it was on. Where was it from/what irritants were platformed? I assume it is too depressing to watch on iPlayer?

Once again tonight.. more attacks on 'Parliamentarians', especially from that shit who runs the Brexit Party. Encouraging the thick portion of the electorate to see Parliament as their enemy, rather than their protection. And sadly, not one of the 'centre or left representatives actually made this very important point.This is seriously Machiavellian stuff and very worrying.

Fiona Bruce came across as a Brexiteer.

To my mind most Brexiteers are either not worldly (I'm being kind) or nasty BNP/EDL types. Sorry but I had to say this.

I sensibly forgot it was on. Where was it from/what irritants were platformed? I assume it is too depressing to watch on iPlayer?

They were all irritants with each panel member talking over each other with Ian Blackford, Kwasi Kwarteng and Peter Tice especially bad and just not shutting up. The audience member shouting "GROW UP!" at the end summed it all up. Oh, and the audience arguing with panellists, panellists arguing with the audience, the audience arguing amongst itself... And then a question about where compromise has gone was answered by more shouting and my irony meter broke.

Horrible. Depressing.

And sadly, not one of the 'centre or left representatives actually made this very important point.This is seriously Machiavellian stuff and very worrying.

No. They were as happy as pigs in ***t kicking lumps out of each other.

They were all irritants with each panel member talking over each other with Ian Blackford, Kwasi Kwarteng and Peter Tice especially bad and just not shutting up. The audience member shouting "GROW UP!" at the end summed it all up. Oh, and the audience arguing with panellists, panellists arguing with the audience, the audience arguing amongst itself... And then a question about where compromise has gone was answered by more shouting and my irony meter broke.

Horrible. Depressing.

How about reaching for the OFF button. I haven’t watched QT for years, since Peter Sissons, for the reasons you mention.

advertisement

Back