advertisement

Potential Level 4 heat warning for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday in England (i.e., you might die)

Might be uncomfortable, but what I do is open the loft hatch and leave it open all day to dissipate the heat from the loft.it would not take much to have a loft fire.

Feel for the people working in it- some employers are complete bastards and make no provision for it, and I mean grafting jobs at that.

Worst place I've worked for it was Toyota, the best place was a proper old school drop forge that hadn't changed since the late 40s. They would shut down a couple of presses and add an extra man to the usual two man teams, so there were three of you and you'd take it in turns to be the third man on rest every 30 mins.

Might be uncomfortable, but what I do is open the loft hatch and leave it open all day to dissipate the heat from the loft.it would not take much to have a loft fire.

I used to forget how hot the loft can get - otherwise I would have been even more concerned when I removed a box of my Dad`s old 35mm negs - nitrate film really does burn well....

My cheapo TM-902C thermometer
I've bought a number of reasonably cheap thermometers in the past two years and they're all only guaranteed to be within +/- 1 degree. When I compare about 4 of them, they're all at different levels. What happened to good old mercury then? Which reminds me;

During a rectal examination, I asked the consultant if everything was okay. "Mercury in Uranus", he replied. "I don't believe in all that astrology stuff", I retorted. "Nor do I", he said, "my thermometer has just broken".

Express watch update...

Nope. Still not. The weather is woke. Something (bad) about Harry is the top story https://www.express.co.uk/
The only fires on their front page are ( quite literally) of the “elite Brit artillery” variety, about 1,500 miles away in Ukraine.
Was the Express not the rag obsessed with freak weather? Maybe they like it hot?

UK snow: 48-hour SUB ZERO Arctic freeze imminent as severe weather warning issued - maps
A VALENTINE'S Day winter blast will plunge Britain into 48 hours of sub-zero temperatures with snow in parts imminent. Arctic air will flood across swathes of Britain through the start of the week pushing temperatures in exposed regions to -12C.

The Croydon ‘wild fire’- take a look where it is- that’s wilful fire raising. I wonder how many of the others started the same way?

So you think leafy Wennington is also a hotbed of arsonists and vandals?

"Residents there say at least eight houses and the local church have been at least partially destroyed."

building_10184_wennington-church_31_d631cebfe0d237558d285c4ddc1181e1.jpg

The Express still can't bring itself to make the weather the top story. :rolleyes: Unlike every other news site in the UK.

I expect the parks to be full of Brexiteers today. Using olive oil rather than woke sunscreen.

Can you post some to 'London and the South East' please?

Lol! That's because they're holding out for Snowmageddon, Polar Bombs and any other bat sh*t crazy headline (that never comes to fruition) they can come up with... :D

Edit - Hadn't see @TheDecameron post above, great minds an all that! ;)

Weirdly the indoor temp has only gone up since I got home. In the blazing sun when I got back it was 29, now almost dark and a bit of a breeze it is 30.6 and still rising.

advertisement

Back