advertisement

Potential Level 4 heat warning for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday in England (i.e., you might die)

Good Evening All,

Just sort of watching the debate and did Sunak just seriously suggest recycling as one of the three things he would promote in response to climate change and the record temperatures we saw last week. I didn't catch Truss's responses as I was on a call with Kate.

I know the 160k strong Conservative party probably don't want to here things like radical changes being made but are they that stupid that they believe recycling is a serious response???

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
Meanwhile this branch of McDonalds in North London has just pulled up all the trees in their car park and put down plastic grass. It shouldn't be legal.
https://twitter.com/j_syz/status/1550934025665187842

I agree.

As I've mentioned elsewhere we "had' to cut down 4 trees to install the sewage plant (2 were large conifers far too close to the house anyway i.e. 5mtrs) and the old ash tree in the paddock fell over years ago and half of another ash tree came down in Storm Arwen (the other half has been felled on safety grounds).

I planted 12 holly tree twigs last year in place of the holy tree that came down (1 of the 4) and, this time home I am determined I will be planting 2 more trees - negotiations with Kate will be required as she doesn't want one in the paddock - I have to keep reminding her there was one there when we moved in.............. It will need to be planted where it will least affect the partial soakaway.

Regards

Richard

Good Evening All,

Just sort of watching the debate and did Sunak just seriously suggest recycling as one of the three things he would promote in response to climate change and the record temperatures we saw last week. I didn't catch Truss's responses as I was on a call with Kate.

I know the 160k strong Conservative party probably don't want to here things like radical changes being made but are they that stupid that they believe recycling is a serious response???

Regards

Richard

We recycle everything possible, sometimes even have a five minute debate about which bin to put items in.

Last week i left home a bit late and saw that all those carefully sorted boxes are tipped into one mixed cage for landfill.

Really don't know what i get for all the council tax.

We have separate boxes for glass and plastic / cans, always full when collected fortnightly and all put in the one bin.......

Alternate weeks the wheelie bins are collected for paper / cardboard and general waste - these they do keep separate, but we only actually need to put them out monthly, heaven knows where people get the rubbish to put out overflowing bins and extra bags every collection.

Last week i left home a bit late and saw that all those carefully sorted boxes are tipped into one mixed cage for landfill.

Kate visited the new recycling plant at Aberdeen (the one that burnt down last week) and she was telling me that it looked like a lot of already segregated recycling was combined at the start of the processing so maybe this is what you're seeing?

I know she was telling me they hate shredded paper and "small" pieces of aluminium foil (it needs combining and scrunching up into balls apparently)....

Regards

Richard

We had about three drops of rain yesterday in South London.

Meanwhile this branch of McDonalds in North London has just pulled up all the trees in their car park and put down plastic grass. It shouldn't be legal.
https://twitter.com/j_syz/status/1550934025665187842

Can you save one for me? Only 2 drops in Norwich so I feel cheated by you lot in the Smoke.:D

I believe there are potential problems with artificial grass, over and above the fact that it's 'orrible. However, it being McDonald's, I guess people will just be lovin' it.

Good Morning All,

Currently stuck in an Ibis hotel at CDG waiting on a flight later today. Just accessing the BBC News online and seen this:-

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62323048

The abuse/ trolling is indeed unacceptable but I still find it worrying that even a half-wit could possibly not see that there is such a thing as climate change even if not everybody agrees as to the causation.........

Regards

Richard

Good Morning All,

Currently stuck in an Ibis hotel at CDG waiting on a flight later today. Just accessing the BBC News online and seen this:-

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62323048

The abuse/ trolling is indeed unacceptable but I still find it worrying that even a half-wit could possibly not see that there is such a thing as climate change even if not everybody agrees as to the causation.........

Regards

Richard

Just more proof, if any is needed, that we are deep into the CHAOS...

Good Afternoon All,

Ironically, as I sit here waiting to fly home from one wind power project I'm already down to join a boatie in Hartlepool circa Aug 14th for another wind farm cable laying project (possibly the Seagreen off the Angus coast???). There is no doubt there is a lot of work to get wind farms up and running.

I'm learning that having an accurate survey before you start digging holes in the seabed would appear to be a good idea. Thus I'm intrigued that the firm responsible for my last two jobs appeared not to think so (in fairness I suspect they will need to ask questions of the firms they sub-contracted the survey work to), no wonder RTE are a little less than pleased.

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back