advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

This cowardly fascist has no spine, no morals, no personality, and no chance of becoming the next POTUS.

I think you're right, but the sobering thought is that it's likely to be more to do with his complete lack of charisma and humour than an absence of substance or integrity.

This is astonishing. Trump is very clearly threatening violence. No ambiguity here at all. He is trying to rally a violent mob against the legal institutions of state.

Last week's news. Just Trump being Trump. Move along, nothing to see here.

As long as there isn't blatant and indiscriminate brutality, the majority will support a crackdown on any actual violence from his side, I expect. I certainly will.

Although I find myself oddly encouraged by all the reports that this stuff is basically him crapping himself and getting desperate.

And I stick my long standing feeling that Trump's downfall will keep looking like it's never going to happen until the first domino topples and then it will all end quite quickly with multiple things happening in quick succession.

I'm hoping the crash will bring Boris, Farage, Banks et al down too as the sh!t finally hits the fan. Sadly, the "special relationship" if it means anything appears to mean screwing over the ordinary folk. The rich generally get to live their lives in comfort and peace

An excellent example of Republican hypocrisy when it comes to women’s healthcare.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/po...-obamacare-barack-obama-supreme-court-johnson

Despite the very serious topic, I couldn’t help but laugh.

When republicans' wives and daughters start dying due to lack of access to necessary ObGyn care they _might_ start to see the error of their ways.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/792/when-to-leave/act-one-5

Or maybe not. Perhaps they might view it as a price worth paying. Like school shootings.

Although I find myself oddly encouraged by all the reports that this stuff is basically him crapping himself and getting desperate.

And I stick my long standing feeling that Trump's downfall will keep looking like it's never going to happen until the first domino topples and then it will all end quite quickly with multiple things happening in quick succession.

I am looking forward to hearing Pence’s answer, under oath, about why he refused Secret Service orders to get in a car and leave the scene of the insurrection.

IMO, Pence knew the protection unit was under T***p’s control, and that this was an attempt to forcibly prevent Pence from doing his ceremonial certification. If Pence confirms this, then there is simply no denying that this was a coup attempt. It also opens the door to other, related conversations he had with (and threats he received from) T***p.

I sincerely hope you are right, and that Pence becomes domino number one.

Meanwhile, the GOP has finally figured out the true source of moral depravity in America is Dolly Parton.*

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/28/ente...y-cyrus-dolly-parton-wisconsin-cec/index.html

Prohibition, especially of ideas, never works. The GOP has become the party of large government overreach, and it’s simply not sustainable. They are giving the Dems an awful lot of 2024 talking points, so perhaps a snarky thank you might be in order?

* With a little help from that evil little Miley Cyrus.

BREAKING: Marjorie Taylor Greene's government account was suspended by Twitter today. BrooklynDad Tweets

I am not shocked by her ugly, dangerous trolling. Fully expected the amoral opportunist to try and turn this tragedy to her political advantage. Absolutely despicable.

I am completely shocked that Twitter took action and suspended her. I wonder if Musk supported the decision. Guess we’ll see if he overturns it.

ed63c201b5ebdec70a6a47eb8841f8d6e9b41310_2_808x1000.jpeg

advertisement

Back