Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Sue Pertwee-Tyr, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Watching live on CNN, it’s disturbing.

2. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

It's odd isn't it? Several hundred far-right Trump supporters try and storm the Capitol building, and the police are nowhere to be seen. But just get a gathering of a few peaceful BLM protestors and suddenly the cops are everywhere, and armed.

irons1965, narabdela, tonerei and 2 others like this.
  3. tones

tones Tones deaf

To borrow the title of another thread, bonkers, bonkers, bonkers. Vlad the Impaler must be loving this - he doesn't have to do anything, Americans are doing it to themselves, completely discrediting their own much vaunted system of government. President Xi can point to the orderly Chinese alternative to the chaotic Western model. A different sort of day that will live in infamy, I fear.

4. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

Shots fired inside the building now.

5. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

There is now a report of gunshots heard in the Capitol.

6. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Reports that protesters are in the chamber.

7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

Apart from the ones running around outside with assault rifles and the ones inside using CS gas against the at protesters and scuffling with protester in the chamber, obvs.

8. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

[​IMG]

chris@panteg likes this.
  9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

I have to assume these protesters are all white, because they are not already dead.

10. Simon Dawson

Simon Dawson Angry, Ill & Ugly

You know in your brain, you know in your brain:

11. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

Sec of defence had just refused DC officials request to send in the national guard

12. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Remember when Trump told the Proud Boys to "Stand back and stand by?" Well, we can see the results now. This has been planned for weeks, if not months.

13. andvinylly

andvinylly hit that long lunar note

not now Smithy

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

This is all very Reichstag 1933 isn’t it? I only hope this does the Republican Party huge, huge damage. They are clearly no longer a democratic party in any shape or form.

15. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Watching CNN and looks like balls out ( old overweight white balls) insurrection in the Capitol building, guns drawn, people cowering on the floor. New York Post published laughably faked images of Trump’s Washington rally, inflating numbers beyond the pitiful turnout.

16. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Eric Trump at the rally earlier today said “This is no longer your Republican Party, it’s Trump’s Republican Party”.

17. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

So there you have it. It’s a coup attempt.

martin clark likes this.
  18. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Yes, the party will split into Trumpists and not Trumpists now. All of which will make it easier for the Democrats to win future elections.

19. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

They have control of the Capitol, basically, and we can have a literal 'Reichstag fire' if someone wants.

20. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

WTF Washington?

woman critically injured having been shot in the chest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.