advertisement

[Photography] Raw-A-Week Mastering

Ok, my link now emailed (I've been out record buying all day hence the lack of response).

Tony.

PS I did have a diferent go at really tweaking the shadow detail late last night, amazing what one finds lurking.

Chaps

I have just arrived home from a trip to London where I had a very good lunch at Rules.

Quite a few gin and tonics, a good 3 course meal, bottle of Bordeau plus a few brandies afterwards.

I admit being slight tiddled but this thread has got me buggered.

What is it all about ?

Regards

Mick

tony.

i have yours. still waiting for matthew to get a better ISP or do the HTML upload via my link above.

cliff, are you still considering? anybody else?

vuk.

Tony,

PS I did have a diferent go at really tweaking the shadow detail late last night, amazing what one finds lurking.
Must be some sort of mod synchronicity, as I was thinking of doing something similar, but my version would have had evil Spock lurking in the shadows.

Joe

-=>mike<=-

why are *all* your 3rd party software hacks called "super" this and "super" that? were there non-super versions before? will the next ones be "super-duper"?

http://www.boxsoft.net/

btw--you don't have the body styles properly coded on the webpage.

vuk.

Tony,

It may not be too late to send in a group project.

EvilCartman.jpg

Joe

don't you have a digital camera?
It wasn't handy. It tends to float around the house, so I had to go find it. Here you are:

myoffice.jpg

why are *all* your 3rd party software hacks called "super" this and "super" that? were there non-super versions before? will the next ones be "super-duper"?
It's been my "brand" for the add-ons that I create for the Clarion development community. I'm not about to change it, because everyone recognizes it. Besides, succeeding in business is all about the proper application of superlatives. Look to Mick for the perfect example. ;)

btw--you don't have the body styles properly coded on the webpage.
Hmmm. I hadn't bothered to run it through a checker, and it turns out that there were a few minor errors. .... I just fixed them, and can't say that it affects the look of the page at all. Thanks for pointing that out.

Mike Hanson

mike.

we need to see the other half of the office for the heart attack!

as for your HTML/CSS, you have not encoded the body background or text colours. this is what it looks like to me (with defaults set to light on dark):

vcap_bs.jpg

i'd hate to imagine someone with yellow on red settings.

vuk.

p.s. still waiting for matthew to finish his dungeons and dragons computer game...

MASTER #2

OK, it looks like matthew has uploaded. here's what we have (with original at the top):

http://vukfoto.com/pfm/master002/

my initial impression:

the cropping out of the ugly wall on the left works very well (suggests framing should have been better). #2 has done that part of it most convincingly.

vuk.

Interesting how all renditions look so different. I was expecting variations on a theme -- lighter vs darker, colour vs B&W, more contrasty vs less contrasty -- but we have 11 different pictures.

Joe

i'm not keen on any of the full colour ones. green vegetation = kiss of death in photography. also, there isn't much of interest here as far as colour goes, although #1 has managed to soup it up beyond belief. #3 i am guessing has a dim monitor, because the pic is simply too bright. #6 is a bold statement, but could have benefited from a more dramatic sky.

in terms of best missionary or straight-up rendition, toss up between #2 and #8. in terms of almost qualifying to hang on one's wall, #4.

vuk.

I like the ugly wall, I'd keep it in, I like the way its colour and texture mirrors the path. Having said that, #2 is probably my favourite of the b&w conversions, and that cuts most of it out. I like the minimal approach of #4 too. Of the colour versions, I like #7 the most.

-- Ian

advertisement

Back