advertisement

PFM's Picture a Week 2024

Boats......Sony A700+Minolta 35-135mm.

DSC07194-1.jpg

click on image for dark background...:cool:

Last edited:
So finally a day out with the recently acquired Rolleiflex 2.8E, back to school in exposure, focus and more importantly framing with a TLR (Camera works fine, operator doesn't!!) - 3 rolls put through

Liverpool-MerseyMeetUp-1 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Ilford Delta 100

Liverpool-MerseyMeetUp-3 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Ilford Delta 100

Liverpool-MerseyMeetUp-8 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Kodak Portra 400

Liverpool-MerseyMeetUp-9 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Kodak Gold 200

Liverpool-MerseyMeetUp-10 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Kodak Gold 200

More images here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72177720317732750

On walking from Cambridge Railway Station up to Girton to pick my new bike up on thursday, I took a very short detour (about 50 yards, no more) via this house. It's No.8 Richmond Road, just off Huntingdon Road and where I undertook my fist few years of piano lessons. My teacher - Mrs Marion Steele - was one of the loveliest people you could ever wish to meet. Both she and her husband, Gordon, were accomplished professional singers. He had a huge bass voice which would fill a room, purely by speaking, and could've listened to him talking all day.

Wonderful people, wonderful memories

8 Richmond Road by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

GR III

Andy Watters, this afternoon. Andy and I met at the end of 1992 when we both worked as Christmas temps at Habitat in Tottenham Court Rd, later I rented a room in his flat. He went into management and then left retail to go into IT. We were in regular touch until about 13 or 14 years ago and for no particular reason stopped meeting up. It probably comes down to pressure of work, a new relationship and baby on his side. Good to see ach other again.

Andy Watters by Pete, on Flickr

and one of him from 1993 in the Stroud Green flat

Andy Watters by Pete, on Flickr

Not buy any means a great photo, but it is one of the last MF 6x7 photos I took before selling my Mamiya 7-ii back in the early 2000s. I've been putting together a film scanning setup comprising XT2, 7Artisans 60/2.8 manual macro lens, an old Opemus 6 enlarger (adapted to hold a camera as a copy stand), kaiser lightbox and a pixl-latr film holder. Nothing overly fancy, and this is my first attempt at a scan. Converted manually in an image editor and that was a faff, so I'll look into one of the scanning add-ins later. Larger version: LINK (I sized it to 2048px length, but I imagine it could be much bigger)

20240611-DSCF7386-RAF.jpg

I suspect I need to play with the holder a bit to maximise film flatness, either that or my lens was everso slightly off-level (though at f8 and a distance of ~18" it should have enough effective DOF). Not unhappy with this at all, though clearly I need to work on my process both in scan and in processing. Minor result for today however :)

advertisement

Back