advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tend to make a habit of going to Boston (except for the football) but my car was there for a service today and decided to take the opportunity for a wander around the town. I always feel rather sad though as there's so much evidence that at one time, it was a very wealthy, thriving port.

Haven Bank Boston by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X-Pro1/XF35-1.4

St Botolphs Boston by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Ricoh GR III

I've been fiddling around with an EOD 50D for a few years. Thought I'd post one of my better photos. Would love to hear feedback!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u160...ound.JPG?rlkey=la2kagi6t1k9hc7ijgn9o06hv&dl=0

This was a moody and misty day in Marlborough Sound. No filters applied.
p.jpeg

Don't tend to make a habit of going to Boston (except for the football) but my car was there for a service today and decided to take the opportunity for a wander around the town. I always feel rather sad though as there's so much evidence that at one time, it was a very wealthy, thriving port.
The bottom pic is extremely well done. The two are sitting on the curb vs the benches, the simple wooden cross looks like its there for their plight rather than the imposing church itself. I really like it, bravo!

Haven Bank Boston by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X-Pro1/XF35-1.4

St Botolphs Boston by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Ricoh GR III
Both nice photos, Gromit. I really like the top one - I can really feel the cool and foggy autumnness, and the fallen leaves along the path strongly add to the effect. Even though it's black and white, I can feel the autumn colours.

Thanks Allan - will drop you a line next time I'm around. :)

I did some photos for a friend, who runs a local business, some years ago from the top of the Stump (well, as high as was permitted). Cracking views but back then - over 10 years back - there was no extra safety rail on the ledge. Didn't stay up there long! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back