advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
owce.jpg

These two are definitely Mair and Mari.
Winter sunrise with Preseli Hills in background ....
One of my old pics taken by Coolpix4500 years ago
Very atmospheric...nice!

fSDrgh.jpg

She tells her love while half asleep,
In the dark hours,
With half-words whispered low:
As Earth turns in her winter sleep
And puts out grass and flowers
Despite the snow,
Despite the falling snow.

Robert Graves.

Nice, but spooky as I edited this yesterday!!

Spot The Blondin
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Snowdon and Crib Goch look particularly good in that...I like the icing sugar, gives great muted colours. Lovely pic.
I think I'm a level or two higher than your vantage point, that little cleft I found is a good frame in two directions.
Hefin from Llanberis posted a nice pic yesterday, you possibly saw it, with snow pastel colours, I think it's from the top of the zig zags. I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here. Fair play to him getting out in it, it was really bloody cold, even well wrapped up.

Lake padarn in winter
by Hefin Owen, on Flickr

Snowdon and Crib Goch look particularly good in that...I like the icing sugar, gives great muted colours. Lovely pic.
I think I'm a level or two higher than your vantage point, that little cleft I found is a good frame in two directions.

You are definitely higher up, I'm at the same level as the road access

There's a diagonal path goes up from that level to a level with quite a few ruins. The cleft is round the corner from there.

Not been up that high on that side of the quarry since 2017 when I went across from one side to the other on this level, not sure you can do that now??

SVuERTvh.jpg

Still working through some old images, trying to apply some of the processing skills I've learnt in the last 4 years (mainly be gentle with those sliders....!), this one from 2017

Liverpool Road Cemetery - Birkdale
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

David, that's very effective, but if I could make just one comment, the sky looks unnaturally smooth, at least on the gadget screen I'm using. Have you thought to try some fine scanned film grain from something like Nik, you can run it so fine that it is imperceptible, but I find even then it can make the photo come to life?

David, that's very effective, but if I could make just one comment, the sky looks unnaturally smooth, at least on the gadget screen I'm using. Have you thought to try some fine scanned film grain from something like Nik, you can run it so fine that it is imperceptible, but I find even then it can make the photo come to life?

I'll have a look at that, the original had quite a bit of high ISO (nasty digital) noise, thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back