advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Richard!

We're head over heels for him too. Life has certainly been richer over the last year we've had him. The bond between him and my son also brings joy to my days :)

Lefty

100% :)

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing our Emma (who's now 10) and her bond with Harley. I only work one day away from home each week now, which on that day causes Harley to spend time just waiting for me, but he also becomes Emma's shadow. He looks out for her constantly, and follows her everywhere as though it''s his task to be by her side. I hope one day to be the person my dog already is.

100% :)

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing our Emma (who's now 10) and her bond with Harley. I only work one day away from home each week now, which on that day causes Harley to spend time just waiting for me, but he also becomes Emma's shadow. He looks out for her constantly, and follows her everywhere as though it''s his task to be by her side. I hope one day to be the person my dog already is.

That is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree with the last sentence. I feel the same way about our dog Coal.

Lefty

One from a week or so ago - our village farm shop. The work they've done in helping our small, local community during the chaos and uncertainty of this last 12 months has been incredible. Delivering shopping to those who are vulnerable/shielding in the area, and basically being a hub for all that is good about where we live. The staff have worked their backsides off. Sadly, the farm suffered a burglary earlier this week - their 1 yr old John Deere Gator (which was used to make deliveries) was stolen. All we hope is that there's a special place in Hell for those responsible.

If Carlsberg made farm shops...

Village farm shop by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

A great many people 'discovered' their local shops during the first lockdown, and the shops responded brilliantly. I hope that people remember them when things return to whatever the new normal is going to be.

Absolutely. :)

Our particular farm shop has been going since 1964, and for many people in the village - and beyond - is the go-to for fresh produce (including a small, but fantastic butcher). We've been living here nearly 11 years now and over that time have come to appreciate the place more and more. Especially so in the last 12 months.

I was given this lens a few years ago - a very old Tamron Adaptall 80-210 f3.8/4 - which is nigh on fubar'd. It's got enough fungus inside to grow spuds in, the focus and zoom throw are desperately stiff but it does - by some miracle - still work. This is of the old blacksmith's shed across the road from our house:

Right angles by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

With Nikon Df.

Following on from the new-companion pics above:
Hello, Hector!

hectoblur_600px.jpg

One for the phonography thread really - but, about a year late for obvs reasons, and work-travel-enabled - finally got to run-around in the park with Hector - oh, and my brother, @Mark Packer, who keeps Hector's House.

First proper outing with the little Fuji X-E3 this morning. I've forgotten how fun these Fujis are! Despite it being a dull and dreary day, I really enjoyed myself. These are all JPEGs, shot using the in-camera square crop.

50965065003_467d27d393_b.jpg

50965064873_9926d4ca05_b.jpg

50965064753_3767c880b7_b.jpg

50965771446_60196b046a_b.jpg

Fujifilm XE-3 / XF18-55mm f2.8-4

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back