advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone who's into photography should own or have use of a 6x6, there's something about them, a totally different perspective opens up. Quite magical when you get it right!

When I was given my Yashica 635 I was worried the square format would be restricting. Happily, I've found the opposite to be the case - it's quite liberating in fact, to the point now that I might even prefer it to rectangular.

When I was given my Yashica 635 I was worried the square format would be restricting. Happily, I've found the opposite to be the case - it's quite liberating in fact, to the point now that I might even prefer it to rectangular.
l love the square format. It's a different way of seeing the world, which we view in landscape format. Great for street photography, too. You'll have to get used to people asking you questions about the camera etc :) My first 6x6 was a Lomo Lubitel 166B purchased from a Chemist's in September 85 priced @ £14.99 and, I've still got it in its original box with the price tag on.

I hope you've got an incident light meter to complement the camera collection. If not, I can recommend a Sekonic L308 B it'll give you a readout in EV values which I think is what the Hasselblad uses?

Thanks Paul - funnily enough I do have a 308, and that EV setting is just so useful. Would like a spot meter but the Sekonic ones aren't cheap. Still, for now, the 308 is a wonderful little tool. :)

Wonderful, Richard. Is it a famous face?

Thanks Paul - as to who it represents, I really have no idea! I'll ask at the box office the next time I'm in town - it's only 100yds from London Camera Exchange so any excuse. :D

nnReIy.jpg

AleHgR.jpg

@Gromit - Great lens choice Richard. That Nikkor 105/2.5 Ai-S is a beauty. I made the mistake of selling mine a few years ago and only re-acquired one last year. Needless to say I will never sell it. (Especially as it's a really nice example).

Gorgeous film images too - both from the archives (I LOVE Kodachrome) and your recent stuff with the Hassy. Hope you're enjoying it. I would love to own one someday.

Here's a quick one from me. Messing around with an image taken at a local park today:

Swoop by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-6.3 AF-P

Lefty

... just joined today because hugely impressed by the standard of photography - so much so that tempted to take camera out for a spin.

was going to post one I made earlier ... but system says it's spam so no go :(

In Dinorwic yesterday, went to several paces I’ve not need to before, on way back to car stumbled, jammed right foot, went head over heals and when stopped my right foot was pointing out at 45 degrees!!

the guy who I was with had done the same 9 months earlier, mountain rescue there in less than 40 mins, airlifted to Bangor hospital, ankle re-aligned yesterday, going to be inner today.

so you will all have to wait for the pictures!!

currently featured on the Llanberis Moutain Rescue Team Facebook page - they were simply phenomenal

it’s a lesson to those of us who wander out alone - take care

In Dinorwic yesterday, went to several paces I’ve not need to before, on way back to car stumbled, jammed right foot, went head over heals and when stopped my right foot was pointing out at 45 degrees!!

the guy who I was with had done the same 9 months earlier, mountain rescue there in less than 40 mins, airlifted to Bangor hospital, ankle re-aligned yesterday, going to be inner today.

so you will all have to wait for the pictures!!

currently featured on the Llanberis Moutain Rescue Team Facebook page - they were simply phenomenal

it’s a lesson to those of us who wander out alone - take care

Ouch! Really sorry to hear that David. From our brief time there it's easy to see how something like this can happen. This and Greg Whitton's experience in Snowdonia have definitely highlighted the need to be prepared and take care. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Amar

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back