advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhoviz.jpg

Venice. Classic snap from the water bus, given a gentle Portra treatment.

Many thanks for the likes and the comments. David, it was actually taken just off axis into the morning sun, so contre-jour-ish, which accentuates the sense of haze in the G Maggiore. So many people with tripods there in the mornings, though they had dispersed by the time I got there. I was early on the Accademia bridge, though there was already a fair assembly of tripods. My first time photographing in tripod hotspots, not my natural environment, took a little while to get used to!

The exposure was 71 secs at f22, 100 ISO with a Lee 10 stop filter.

I love the Hassy shots in Lincoln, G. The MF certainly holds the grain well, even at 800 ASA. I think I may get one this year.

I love the Hassy shots in Lincoln, G. The MF certainly holds the grain well, even at 800 ASA. I think I may get one this year.

Thank you :)

Was my first set back from the lab so was slightly nervous as to how well the camera was working. Got a light leak on one of the film backs but I have a seal kit to fix that no problem. It's a long time since I pushed any b/w film, even one stop, but HP5 - as I've been reading up on - really comes alive at 800.

Ilford Delta 100:

Be Different by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Portra 400 - think I prefer the 160 to be honest:

Leasingham Manor by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Interesting focal field in that first one with the pine trunks?

I've just bought a box of Portra 400 in 35mm. I too love the 160, but I thought that given the time of year...

Interesting focal field in that first one with the pine trunks?

I've just bought a box of Portra 400 in 35mm. I too love the 160, but I thought that given the time of year...

Wasn't quite sure how successful the trees shot would be - I'd focused on the small tree in the centre as it looks so different to the others, but think a wider aperture would've been better to make the DoF more obvious. It's only 5 mins from our place so I'll give it another go at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back