advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
processing/editing pictures whilst having a few drinks is not a great strategy.

That's exactly what I am doing now (Chardonnay) - perhaps I should refrain from posting any of the resulting images. I've already had two attempts at processing a particular image from The Peak District and whilst both attempts have had relatively good receptions on Flickr / Instagram, I have ultimately ended up deleting them. I think it's one that I will return to in six months when I am sufficiently detached from it. I know it has potential, but my attempts to release it so far have failed :(

Lefty

ISO 3200 -- on my first digital camera, ISO 400 was about 100 times worse and essentially unusable.

image.php

A few days down in the Smoke - lived & worked there for 25 years, was good to be back but equally so to get away again. :)

Anyway, will post up a few as-and-when:

Aquatics by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

OM-D E-M1/12-40 2.8 Pro

Nicely done Richard. I was born and brought up in London - lived there for 18 years. I feel exactly the same when I go back. Glad to visit and then glad to leave!

Here's the antithesis of London:

Higger Tor, Peak District National Park - Oct 2018 by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony A7rII / 16-35mm f4

Lefty

it took a bit of time, but now i think this is one of the best landscape photos ever taken. what made me fail to take proper notice and diluted the impact is the similarity to many of your other pictures. presenting one's work is a tricky thing. a little while ago, i decided only to display only what i thought were my best 10, but that is proving very difficult -- part of it the nature of digital culture. just think about all the great visual artists and if any of them have 10 that are truly memorable.

it took a bit of time, but now i think this is one of the best landscape photos ever taken. what made me fail to take proper notice and diluted the impact is the similarity to many of your other pictures. presenting one's work is a tricky thing. a little while ago, i decided only to display only what i thought were my best 10, but that is proving very difficult -- part of it the nature of digital culture. just think about all the great visual artists and if any of them have 10 that are truly memorable.

Thank you Vuk! Apologies for the late reply. I spent most of the day driving up to The Lake District and am only just sitting down to a well earned beer (or three) and putting my feet up.

I also struggle with what to share and what to keep to myself. I don't think there's a right answer. Just a right answer for an individual. I am a sensitive extrovert so I like to share but am also overly sensitive to feedback.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back