advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a wet & windy week in Scotland.
Glen Torridon:

31775451388_b818ffdf4c_b.jpg

OK, i also nudged down the blue a bit to bring out the bottom yellow a touch and i think that may be adding to the green illusion. hey, can i hand over all my post-processing to you next time? it is what i hate the most about photogrphy and i'm not particularly good at it. i really need to limit what i choose to process, though it's sometimes tough to make that decision until one has tried and sees the outcome.

One reason we 'want' to post process is that photos never come out exactly the way we saw things - especially when something is unusual, so we try to alter the image to get closer to what we perceived. This is due to fundamental differences between the human eye and cameras (of all types) and our emotional response - in the old slides days we couldn't fiddle about, which made things easier - now we can, so we do... sometimes I find it's a good idea to re-visit an image a period of time after taking, as you then don't remember the emotional response and the vision, quite as clearly.

I'm working on a lecture about this but it is a big subject, so progress is slow.

Yuri - Of your enduring autumnal foliage shots, something about this really moved me - it is so lovingly composed and shot, yet so simple and eloquent. Thanks

Thanks Martin, this year we had a beautiful autumn, it was almost impossible to resist shooting everything, even if it was some trite subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back