advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2012 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paul

I like that, really like that. What on earth is it?

Tony

Full view Tony. Almost a private beach that the boy and I had found near Durness. The locals call it the "secret beach" apparently. Great place. Would have been great for dawn but I was in bunk beds in a local hostel with my son and I didn't want to wake him up...

Only found it by accident. We were wandering round the ruins and I realised there was a beach below us that you couldn't see from the road. Went three days running and only saw one other person - a young lass practicing her climbing on the various rocks.

Nice and eerie.

That reminds me of the film 'The Ring'. It looks like something is coming to get you in that water mark and the sand looks like an out of tune TV set.

:eek:

I like the full-size version - it has a certain dimension which makes it pop of the page! A Ltd lens by anychance?

My favourite of the moment Paul - the FA31. Although I love the little 40 & 70 I'm starting to think the 43 and 77 might have been a nice choice.

Thanks Mark. I've just had a "drive" around Durness on Google Streetview. That's a lovely looking area. Hmmmmmm.

Tony

_DSC0091.JPG

Cheers - nice bit of water in the streams today. Took a gent round a variety of waterfalls today and got time for this one at Rydal Mount.

I've booked myself four days of me-time in North Yorkshire in December with the specific aim of taking landscape photos without having to think about anyone else. I still doubt I'll take anything like your photos Mark, but you give me ideas, which is good. Thank you.

Tony

Nice tones Cliff.

North Yorkshire in December sounds great Tony. Some absolutely cracking locations up there with a great range from Coast to Fell.

North Yorkshire in December sounds great Tony. Some absolutely cracking locations up there with a great range from Coast to Fell.

Thanks Mark, I'm hoping I'll be inspired! I'll be staying at my favourite inn, so if nothing else I'll be well fed and watered....

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back