advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2012 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete - that is absolutely fantastic. In cricketing terms - best shot of the match so far for me. Wow - love the foreground / background contrast.

Awesesome.

_DSC9227.JPG

Kid I used to teach a few years back asked me to take some portraits. He spotted the lamp in my lounge and came up with the shot idea.....I quite like it even if it was a spur of the moment point and click!

Adrian%2520S1.jpg

Beautiful greens Paul.

What do you use for stitching? Been playing with PTGui this morning with some rather large hilltop panos.

Hello Mark - I used CS5. I've always used Photoshop for panoramic stitches.

In Lightroom I don't use the edit in > merge to panoramic function, as its never really worked for me. I use edit in > open as layers. Then in Photoshop I select, Edit > Auto-Align Layers > (the program knows it's a panorama) and offers a dialogue box, then I choose - Auto. Sit back and wait while Photoshop does it stuff - the image will need to be blended, so, choose Edit > Blend-layers and hopefully it stitches ok.

If it doesn't, you can click on the relevant layer masks and paint with a soft black or white brush. I save the file as a psd if I'm keeping the editing layers intact, as the overall file size is smaller.

This image is huge, 52mp @ 115cm x 50cm

Interesting Paul - I've found PTGui to be very good with lakes panos. Think the one this morning was a compressed TIF weighing in at 300+mb.

I found them on my way home, Cliff - I'd love a go
Make that two thumbs up, Cleansound - I don't mind good graffiti, was it a commissioned job?
Thank you Paulicus and @Cliff for the kind comments.

Regarding the graffiti.
We had a local artist who did a painting of President Jacob Zuma which he called "The Spear"
The painting was not well received and made headlines for nearly two weeks solidly.

The graffiti art as you see here is from a part of town where these graffiti artists display a lot of their work.
Not even three weeks after the entire debacle, had one of them decided to do this exquisite piece of work.

It's called "The Fear"

This is what the street looks like where they proudly display their work.

Also taken with the Fuji X-100 hand held at .25 seconds and 3200 ISO

DSCF0300 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back