advertisement

PFM Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's fake news ads about Gary Linekar (sic) here:

c2d2d939-7db6-4666-9931-3c864432c044.png

Looks like very dubious clickbait to me.

Medical grade cleaning fluids. I did look at the Record cleaning thread so perhaps thats the trigger.

A while back I was getting ads for all kinds of weird medical stuff such as anti retroviral medication and DNA washing solutions .

Soundproofing from UK’s leading co in top banner.

Audible Books in lower banner.

Perhaps the advertisers should meet?

I used to get “Lose that belly” and “middle aged women are looking to hook up in your area” a couple of years ago.

You shouldn’t get the later as IIRC I have dating and gambling blocked. Predictably they are the highest earners, but it would just not sit right with me.

top = Surya Infrared heating panels - looked at their site a few days ago, as we are pondering on of their panels in our bathroom
bottom = Square space create your own website - dunno why this is coming

SnapEDA at the top of the page and a dodgy ED medicine advert in Malay at the bottom
They think they have the PFM diy demographic sussed

I find AdChoices a darn nuisance.
I can't find any way to permanently remove them (I've tried several published methods but they always come back again) and 90% of the time they're for irrelevant things. The other 10% I wouldn't click on anyway not knowing the sources.
I'm surprised that 'they' are allowed to put these unwanted ads into web pages without an 'opt out' facility.

There is an opt-out facility; don’t use the site if you don’t like how it is financed! To remove the ads with a blocker or whatever is theft.

I think it is fun to open up the forum and see what has appeared out of the left field of advertising, today it is timeshares and a car parts quiz due to the recent threats I have opened.

I think it is fun to open up the forum and see what has appeared out of the left field of advertising, today it is timeshares and a car parts quiz due to the recent threats I have opened.

Who's been threatening you?

<modetating>

Some vindictive responses from members swiftly approaching a permanent ban removed.

PS If anyone actually read the post it is BS and the classic symptoms of a browser or DNS hijack picked up elsewhere. It has nothing to do with pfm and comments from a clearly non-IT literate user stating non-technical opinion as fact is damaging to this site. They have been removed from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back