Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Green RIP

Discussion in 'music' started by doctorf, Jul 25, 2020.

1. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

Another one bites the dust.

2. Theo

Theo pfm Member

3. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

My hero, fortunate enough to see him when he came back on the scene, so so sad.

wacko, kendo, Weekender and 1 other person like this.
  4. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Oh no - RIP.

5. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

That is really sad, so sorry to hear that. RIP Peter.

6. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Awful news - those "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac" albums are classics. RIP Mr Green.

7. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

8. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Sad news. Thanks for the music Peter, RIP.

9. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Oh f***. A superb guitarist. I saw him in the Splinter Band about 20 years ago.

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  10. essgee

essgee pfm Member

Legend! A proper guitarist and very underrated songwriter who played the blues with style and importantly great feel. That first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac used to blow every other band off stage and sold more records in that time 68-69 than many so-called stars. Rather ironic that tribute gig held back in February this year is not going to be released until October, maybe they can bring that release date forward and the prices can be more realistic!

11. Caliente

Caliente pfm Member

No one could hold a candle to him with his particular style of playing. It's also often ignored just how emotional his voice was as well - RIP Peter.

12. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

He'd released all the music he would be remembered for before I was born, but for those few years, he was the full package, great voice, great player, great songwriter and his band, based upon the live recordings I've heard, second only to The Who as a live rock act. We were profoundly fortunate that he shared his art with us. RIP

sideshowbob likes this.
  13. HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb pfm Member

A guiding light for anyone who takes pleasure from music, and will continue being so, always.

rest in peace Peter Green

14. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

Just listen to 'Need your love so bad' - a voice to make you weep at it's beauty.

kendo, AV8, richarm and 2 others like this.
  15. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

He had the lot, great guitar, great voice, and great looks.

16. Caliente

Caliente pfm Member

A fool no more - gets me every time

17. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

When I saw him live he told us that he could only play Man Of The World as an instrumental as he found the words too painful.

sideshowbob and AV8 like this.
  18. herb

herb music live

Sad tale indeed RIP. I saw him in the Splinter Group with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers as a double feature a few years ago. He still had that touch. I shall play Mayall's A Hard Road this evening featuring Peter. Astonishingly Mayall was still touring last year at 85!

19. christray

christray pfm Member

Another good one gone, Saw the famous Grenny Les Paul quite a few times in the hands of Gary Moore unfortunately not in Peter's :(:(

20. Burrells Boy

Burrells Boy pfm Member

Just announced Peter Green one of the all time greats died in his sleep. Thanks for the memories.

TheDecameron likes this.