advertisement

Peter Green RIP

Legend! A proper guitarist and very underrated songwriter who played the blues with style and importantly great feel. That first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac used to blow every other band off stage and sold more records in that time 68-69 than many so-called stars. Rather ironic that tribute gig held back in February this year is not going to be released until October, maybe they can bring that release date forward and the prices can be more realistic!

No one could hold a candle to him with his particular style of playing. It's also often ignored just how emotional his voice was as well - RIP Peter.

He'd released all the music he would be remembered for before I was born, but for those few years, he was the full package, great voice, great player, great songwriter and his band, based upon the live recordings I've heard, second only to The Who as a live rock act. We were profoundly fortunate that he shared his art with us. RIP

A guiding light for anyone who takes pleasure from music, and will continue being so, always.

rest in peace Peter Green

Sad tale indeed RIP. I saw him in the Splinter Group with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers as a double feature a few years ago. He still had that touch. I shall play Mayall's A Hard Road this evening featuring Peter. Astonishingly Mayall was still touring last year at 85!

Another good one gone, Saw the famous Grenny Les Paul quite a few times in the hands of Gary Moore unfortunately not in Peter's :(:(

advertisement

Back