advertisement

Peter Green RIP

Just spinning up some Fleetwood Mac right now; cheers Peter and the boys.

You can't go wrong with that first album.

My favourite Peter Green track is this

Set the blueprint for Cream and all the successive power trios.

RIP Peter.

"In a testament to his influence on the British blues movement, legendary guitarist BB King once said of Green: “He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.”"

Jack

Sums it up really.

I know "Albertross"is a bit of a cliche, but one of my earliest musical memories is taping it off of the radio and listening to it on repeat. RIP

He was right up there, plenty of technical guitarists around but tone/feel is something entirely different from technical ability.

You can hear his influence across the board, more so than any shredding maestro that has come and gone.

RIP. So sad and surprisingly only 73. "Gotta See Her Tonight" remains one of my favourite tracks of all time and has the best outro in history.....

Spinning up some John Mayall right now (Looking back), with Peter on guitar on some tracks (and McVie and Fleetwood too!).

It's funny, because rarely, when we have one of these sad deaths, do I feel inclined to spin an appropriate disc to mourn their passing, but I do feel that way for Peter, one of the best guitar players this country has produced and it's sad that his life was so problematic along the way too.

there's a sad paralell with Syd Barrett and Peter Green both geniuses in their own right.

Syd walked into the studio while Wish You Were Here was being recorded and nobody in the band recognised him.......

Peters Les Paul is still doing the rounds.

advertisement

Back