advertisement

Oral Health affects General Health

approximately how long each day do you spend brushing your teeth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You certainly have been through the mill. Commiserations.
Your toothpaste costs more than £9 a tube. I'd rather have Cognac.
I do wish things get very much better for you soon. I Iook forward to your posts.
Hey, my teeth are the least of my mill-going worries - wait till there is a thread about motorbike smash related surgery.....!

Findings
Not science. Not evidence. Offered as a rough guide.

Great audio engineers use measurements. They say the final arbiter should be our ears. When choosing toothpaste we should observe the science. The final arbiter should be your mouth. You may reject some or all of my findings. Audio equipment that measures extremely well may sound dreadful to some ears. 'The Best' toothpaste may be rejected by your mouth. Prelude over. Now...

1. Dentalux Complex 7
Strong, as LIDL oral products tend to be. I used it as my main paste. I still use it in rotation with others. It is low in cost and high in efficacy.
2.Euthymol Original
My favourite for flavour. Lovely. VERY economical.
You only need a dot the size of a petit pois (small pea) on your bristles. Works well. If your mouth is used to the flavour of beer brewed with tap water, it may reject the world's best English beer, brewed with natural, pure, fresh- drawn spring water from a deep well directly below the brewery. It may reject the flavour of Euthymol if your mouth is used to artificial flavourings.
3. Aquafresh
Didn't take to it at first. Now find that a bit more on the bristles makes a lot of suds. Nice. Effective.
4.Oral-B Pro Expert
This is heady, science- based paste. Works.
5.SARAKAN
A natural choice. I have used it, on and off, for decades. No flouride, no alcohol, no sweetener, no Sodium Laurel Sulphate, no preservative- and no added colour. Uses natural ingredients from the shrub 'Salvadorica perasica' (The Toothbrush Tree). Vegan. It helps remove stains. Makes teeth white...naturally. I would not use it all the time. I use it in rotation with others. It works well.
6. ASTONISH oven & cooker cleaner.
Let your mouth be your guide.

I presume this was a test to see if anybody read to the end and was paying attention?
Your presumptuous presumption is unpretentious and uncorrect. I was going to strike out the word "uncorrect". My stupidphone will not let me highlight- hence no strike out possible.
I presume that no one reads what I say, anyway, so whether or not they get to the end is neither the beginning nor the end: init?

I use a ‘sensitive’ teeth toothpaste most of the time. Every two or three weeks I use a carbon loaded black toothpaste for one brushing session.

I agree very much with the salt/warm water mouthwash, which I use if ever I sense gums or tooth issues developing.

On a side note - if I ever have a sore throat, one of those were it hurts to swallow, then I use dissolvable paracetamol and gargle with it and most importantly hold the solution at the back of my throat for 5 minutes (if possible) - helps a lot with localised pain. Then I swallow the solution. Having suffered with tonsillitis/sore throats many times, this is the most effective analgesic method that I have found.

I use a ‘sensitive’ teeth toothpaste most of the time. Every two or three weeks I use a carbon loaded black toothpaste for one brushing session.

I agree very much with the salt/warm water mouthwash, which I use if ever I sense gums or tooth issues developing.

On a side note - if I ever have a sore throat, one of those were it hurts to swallow, then I use dissolvable paracetamol and gargle with it and most importantly hold the solution at the back of my throat for 5 minutes (if possible) - helps a lot with localised pain. Then I swallow the solution. Having suffered with tonsillitis/sore throats many times, this is the most effective analgesic method that I have found.
1) Is your carbon black paste a commercial brand? Details, please.
2)Sore throats can be eased/cured quickly with apple cider vinegar/ warm water mix gargle. A minute gargle once every 2 hrs should do it quickly. No paracetamol. Prevention by sucking on a clove of raw, peeled garlic.

1) Is your carbon black paste a commercial brand? Details, please.
2)Sore throats can be eased/cured quickly with apple cider vinegar/ warm water mix gargle. A minute gargle once every 2 hrs should do it quickly. No paracetamol. Prevention by sucking on a clove of raw, peeled garlic.

The soluble paracetamol is for pain. It is very effective.

Carbon Toothpaste is morrisons own brand. One tube last ages as only I use it.
I since discovered it is made in china, so I will not be purchasing anymore.

Prevention by sucking on a clove of raw, peeled garlic.

Doesn't do a lot for your social life though.
m09016.gif

I got a 6 month prescription of the Duraphat toothpaste but found it gave me an upset stomach.

Just before the pandemic my dentist gave me a 'scrpt' for Duraphat 2800 (6 or 8 tubes). I managed to get through a number before I realised that it was causing me prob's as well. Can't quite remember, but think it was choking (on air, too) and possibly stomach/digestive upsets, which I'm prone to anyway. Quite a distressing period, wondering if the choking would cease; my wife was also concerned, but by dropping the Duraphat, the seizures went away.

When I looked at the price on eBay, I was 'almost' tempted (but not really). Still have one expired tube in my fridge and have been tempted (but not really (!!!!)) to try it again.

The soluble paracetamol is for pain. It is very effective.

Carbon Toothpaste is morrisons own brand. One tube last ages as only I use it.
I since discovered it is made in china, so I will not be purchasing anymore.
If you start stopping buying goods made in China you will stop buying many of the things on sale in the UK that do not display country of origin. That means the overwhelming percent of goods- including those sold by your favourite supermarkupet.

Doesn't do a lot for your social life though.
m09016.gif
Yes it does. I have made converts to the 'suck raw garlic for good health club'. Once you know that you can't smell it on others if you d.i.y, your problem dissipates in a whiff.
It also eliminates the need for pricey mouthwash.

If you start stopping buying goods made in China you will stop buying many of the things on sale in the UK that do not display country of origin. That means the overwhelming percent of goods- including those sold by your favourite supermarkupet.

I don’t think so.

We are quite conscious of food miles and origins of products we purchase. Israel is an example of stuff we avoid.
We also try to buy seasonal products. So no asparagus from Peru, or green beans from Kenya.

Apart from a Japanese old direct drive turntable, my HiFi is made in england.

We aren’t religious about it, but we try not to support dictatorships or regimes we disagree with.

I don’t think so.

We are quite conscious of food miles and origins of products we purchase. Israel is an example of stuff we avoid.
We also try to buy seasonal products. So no asparagus from Peru, or green beans from Kenya.

Apart from a Japanese old direct drive turntable, my HiFi is made in england.

We aren’t religious about it, but we try not to support dictatorships or regimes we disagree with.
Welcome to Komedy Klub.

Please read posts starting with narabdela down to the one before yours.

That doesn’t help me.

I still do not understand what your post to me was a reference to?

(I do have communication problems in terms of understanding, please take the time to explain)

edit - I didn’t understand Mike Reed’s comment either.
(“Ye gods! It's carbon toothprint time; it's all we need!”)

That doesn’t help me.

I still do not understand what your post to me was a reference to?

(I do have communication problems in terms of understanding, please take the time to explain)

edit - I didn’t understand Mike Reed’s comment either.
(“Ye gods! It's carbon toothprint time; it's all we need!”)
Sorry to hear about your problems. In case it's relevant to this thread, I don't understand many things on pfm. Mine is certainly not a communication problem.

advertisement

Back