advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows for sure what it was. I imagine a combination of things, including immigration, the effects of it on the labour market, and a big fat Northern up yours to the PM who thought all he had to do was say jump and the plebs would say how high.

Now Dave has to jump :D
The c*nt was going anyway, Max.

A property in Spain that no Brit will want to buy, so its value will slide down. Also Spain have already stated that it will hit Brit owned property with a 35% tax as apposed to the normal 18%.

On the credit side, I have a pile of euros that will increase but I will certainly take an overall hit.

The main problem is if we lose the freedom of movement (admittedly very unlikely) it would make air travel cumbersome and expensive.

However the Brexiteers won fair and square so I will live with it.

Mick

I'm not worried too much yet Mick, a lot will depend on the forthcoming Spanish elections as to what fate has in store for our properties. Let's face it, there's many lovely houses that are very hard to shift anyway at present, let's see how it pans out.

I still think it will become a stronger fairer Europe, in reality the chips are stacked against us in Spain anyway and achieving anything there is a one sided and yes bigotted ball ache. Should have bought a place in the Lakes as I suggested to SWMBO shortly before the brown envelope was pushed under the Notary's table:D

Have just put our application forms for Irish Passports into the Post Office about an hour ago. The guy in the Post Office says we're lucky to have had them as they ran out of application forms shortly after opening this morning.

"With leave voters in Manchester for BBCNews -most told us they woke up thinking "what have I done?" & didn't actually expect the uk to leave"

Sadly, we were all sold the emotional story by the politicians and media. Now the deed is done logic is kicking in.

X-factor winners are chosen on an emotional basis. Hmmmm!

Watching from afar and with no particular personal stake in the political decision, I thought the vote might have swung against Brexit. In New Zealand, we don't have the open borders like the EU, but we have increasing levels of immigration. I can see how that bristles some of the denizens, who claim migrants are driving up house prices and taking local jobs.

At the heart of it all, it seems people have different levels of tolerance for cultural and racial diversity. For the small majority of UK voters, they think there's already too much.

Sad.

The Johnson has said there's no immediate need to trigger Article 50 which sets in motion Britain's withdrawal, while the noises from the EU suggest they want it done asap. In other news, Farage says the £350 million figure was a mistake, and Hannan has admitted immigration won't be coming down. This is going to get very ugly, very soon.

I assume that all those who voted leave and whose reason was that they wanted to bring 'democracy' back to the UK will now be campaigning strongly for PR and and the dissolution of the House of Lords?

Stephen

The Johnson has said there's no immediate need to trigger Article 50 which sets in motion Britain's withdrawal, while the noises from the EU suggest they want it done asap. In other news, Farage says the £350 million figure was a mistake, and Hannan has admitted immigration won't be coming down. This is going to get very ugly, very soon.

Doesn't matter, the vote has been won. They never were going to deliver on any of that. The Bojo tribute to Cameron was truly stomach turning and I hate Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back