advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+5)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura K reports rumours that more ministers will follow if Theresa May doesn't dump the Chequers "agreement". Liam Fox next?

Rats indeed. If they'd ever had any integrity they should have resigned at the Chequers meeting and sent for Taxis. The fact they waited until today demonstrates more than ever this is an out-of-control Tory war, and the whole of the UK is acceptable collateral damage.

It looks out-of-control and impossible to solve. As Ken Clarke warned Cameron, "If you want to go feeding crocodiles then you'd better not run out of buns." Infinite buns just isn't an answer.

May now speaking to Parliament. Struggling to be heard above the laughter...

Is anybody bothering to listen?

Country being run into the ground by a leaderless, clueless minority Govt.

A "serious risk of disorderly no deal" says May.

Yes, with you in charge.

This looks like the new negotiating strategy. Give us a deal or there's chaos.

I think Europe will have to save itself and leave us to our fate. That fate being somewhere between Mad Max and Lord of the Flies.

"Carl Bildt‏Verified account @carlbildt
Tragic to see how the UK is lost in the post-referendum chaos. This used to be a nation providing leadership to the world. Now it can’t even provide leadership to itself."

Not been on this epic thread much, but can I ask one thing:

Is there any chance (at all) of our withdrawing our crazy suicidal ‘leave’ plans and ‘patching up’ with the EU? Do we have any ability (legally or otherwise) to exercise the option to call the whole crazy debacle off?

....or am I just dreaming?

I think there's going to be a backlash whatever happens, and mainly from those that voted for brexit, wheather it's because it's too 'soft' or the sun/mail reading portion realise that there wont be mass deportations of 'foreigners' even with a 'no deal' exit. And as usual the target for their anger wont be the government or media that missled them, it will be the same 'foreigners' that have been scapegoated throughout this entire debacle.

It's very much "Nothing has changed! Nothing has changed!" from May.

If the EU shoots down the proposal then the game is up. But May will play on. Chaos.

This is the real absurdity of all this. Davis, Clark and Johnson have all resigned over a proposal that the EU will never accept.
It’s quite touching really. I’m sure they’ll be getting plenty “good luck for the future, it was a pleasure working with you” cards.

W**k, the lazy, feckless bastards just want to distance themselves from the mess they have created.

Johnson is like herpes, he'll be back. But his vanity project amid the fantasy should never be forgotten. All this was never meant to happen. He wanted plucky loser status, a close vote then Cameron's job with the UK in the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back