advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you need to know about the current state of Brexit in one (long) devastating speech by Sir Ivan Rogers: https://pastebin.com/jMkxVUjs

As he says, "no serious thought at all had been given to these questions". That sums up Brexit. Leap before you look. Have a referendum when there's zero plans in place for a Leave vote. Trigger Article 50 when you've still got zero plans. Looks like we'll be leaving with close to zero plans too.

"But if we want, in areas , genuinely to go it alone – or have to, because we cannot accept the jurisdictional and dispute resolution implications of staying in agencies run at the EU level in which our voice is lessened – then we have to be going full tilt in developing that regulatory capability at huge speed, rather than assuming the EU is bound to give us both associate membership and a serious role from outside in policy setting, when the only way that can happen is if we shift our red line on jurisdiction questions.

That was promulgated as a red line when no serious thought at all had been given to these questions.

The fact that, in so many areas, we are obviously NOT doing that, and both regulators and industries are making it clear that they have no intention of replicating, at great cost, regulatory capability which already exists, is yet another reason why the EU side has long since concluded that the UK would not walk out.

Because it could not.

No amount of “be careful: we could still walk out, you know” sabre rattling makes the slightest odds when the other side knows that the day after doing so, we would be back pleading for continuity and for the ongoing delivery of, and access to, functions the British State has no capability to provide."

Wow, just wow. Some facts from someone who knows.

"But the sooner we realise there are no perfect choices, that there are serious trade-offs between sovereignty and market access interests and that we are best off if we make stone cold sober judgments of where sovereignty at the national level can be real and effective, and where it is purely notional and actually a material loss of control, the better for the UK"

Not much sign of that

Over to EV...….

BTW "Canada Dry style FTA". Freudian slip or have I missed something?

Expert's eh! What do they know?

Neither the Tories or Labour are fit for purpose. The only upside I can see is that when the economy and society goes TU Scotland will be able to get independence for England and the "burning clown-car" that is Westminster politics.

Wow, just wow. Some facts from someone who knows.

"But the sooner we realise there are no perfect choices, that there are serious trade-offs between sovereignty and market access interests and that we are best off if we make stone cold sober judgments of where sovereignty at the national level can be real and effective, and where it is purely notional and actually a material loss of control, the better for the UK"

Not much sign of that

Over to EV...….

BTW "Canada Dry style FTA". Freudian slip or have I missed something?

Hard read, but I found it very interesting.

This and Windrush- the message it sends out to the world. If you’re thinking about coming to live here- don’t. If you’re here already, no matter how long you’ve contributed- we’ll still find you and deport you. That’s the human impact on individuals- wait till global corporations get the stink of this ethnic nationalism in their nostrils- they’ll no longer move people to their British operations, they’ll move the British operations.

This and Windrush- the message it sends out to the world. If you’re thinking about coming to live here- don’t. If you’re here already, no matter how long you’ve contributed- we’ll still find you and deport you. That’s the human impact on individuals- wait till global corporations get the stink of this ethnic nationalism in their nostrils- they’ll no longer move people to their British operations, they’ll move the British operations.

I'm sure UKIP's Godfrey Bloom would disagree. Here is his reply to, as he calls her, "Alibaba Brown" . "The disgusting Alibaba Brown, the woman we would all love to see BUGGER off". He'll be on Alex Jones tonight. UKIP, Brexit, Trump, Infowars. All very much of the same mindset.

DdzWdMqVMAEhiGZ.jpg

So. Galileo. Probably worth its own thread, but I see this as the guvmint's way of blaming the EU bastards.

The magic money tree will pay for this I assume. It will never be added to the running 'cost of Brexit'.

We have been happily using GPS for years, and surely if we move closer to the USA, as we surely will with chlorinated chicken and NHS privatisation, there's not much security risk anyway.

But no, we have to build our own. What with? We should re-invent Avro, Bristol, Sopwith, Vickers, etc and build it out of string and washing up liquid bottles.

edit : sorry, I forgot Shorts. Gotta keep those Irish buggers at bay.

Those pesky eurocrats are not playing fair!

This Brexit fantasy gets more farcical by the day. Latest statement we'll build and launch our own Satellites if we can't join in with Gallileo.
This from a country that can't fund a health service, has austerity causing disabled people to starve and multiple homeless people dying on the street. As well as terrorising its own citizens with dawn raids from the anti immigration police. Plus a minor issue of being unable to present a coherent requirement to European Brexit negotiations. How much longer do we have to suffer this bunch of jokers pratting about rather than running the country!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back