advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you end up on the winning side, and even then the returns aren't that good if half your infrastructure has been erased in the process.
Back in the 80s my UK employer was supplying and training both sides in the Iran-Iraq war.

Selling to Iraq in those days was dead easy. Getting paid was much, much more difficult.

At last Frank Field was on lbc this morning beginning to be honest with voters that there is now no going back with the EU. We have given notice and cannot just walk back to our old arrangement with rebate etc.
We need to be clear with voters because what is done is done and the only people we are hurting is ourselves by fighting along the lines of brexit \ remain. Hopefully this view that there is no returning will get more traction.

Interestingly rumours David milliband is returning to politics which may be the driver for a labour split hopefully into moderate and unelectable but likely to more along lines of soft brexit and hard brexit.
Sadly though another leader who has spent their lives in the political bubble with little real world professional experience.

Rip Dame Tessa Jowell . Very sad.

I saw that the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait was met with claims to the UNCC totalling $350bn whilst the costs of reparations following the invasion and destruction of Iraq totalled $88bn.

Something doesn't quite stack up there.

Been watching Nick Toryboy Robinson on The Andrew Marr Show. He has been incredibly patronizing towards Irish Deputy PM Simon Coveney about the hard/soft border issue. Coveney didn't hesitate to put him right.

It is embarrassing Robinson is in charge of a BBC flagship programme this morning, plus his teeth are as rotten as his presenting.

The somewhat thick young woman who represents The Taxpayer's Alliance helped to vet the newspapers. I pay tax and she doesn't represent me at all. The others were somebody from The Sunday Times and a left-wing lady, who made her points well.

On the whole though Robinson pretending to be Marr is just more right-wing guff. Oh bloody hell, idiot Gove has just come on. Time to switch off ...

Jack

Jack, why do you put yourself through this every week? I gave up on BBC news and politics shows ages ago, and my blood pressure is far better for it.

Same here. Jack, Give Channel 4 a go. They may not be perfect but at least there is a semblance of objectivity and neutrality.

Interestingly rumours David milliband is returning to politics which may be the driver for a labour split hopefully into moderate and unelectable but likely to more along lines of soft brexit and hard brexit.
Sadly though another leader who has spent their lives in the political bubble with little real world professional experience.
42075837211_79947bcce9_z.jpg

Jack, why do you put yourself through this every week? I gave up on BBC news and politics shows ages ago, and my blood pressure is far better for it.

This is actually a very good point. I know a few people who have stopped watching the news on television and reading newspapers. One of them used to be a journalist funnily enough. They seem more chilled out and happier.

Jack

Fascinating new tactic by May today. Except it's not really a tactic as much as a desperate plea posted on Facebook. Literally.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ther...trol-but-ill-need-your-help/2188204354529659/

Brexit will be great and "You can trust me to deliver". But...

We must give her our help and support: "I will need your help and support to get there. And in return, my pledge to you is simple: I will not let you down."

The manner of help and support we must give is not specified. Does she mean we must volunteer to be border guards in Ireland? Or does she want us to take it in turns to negotiate with Barnier? If we look back at May's other tactics on Brexit, then presumably a speech outlining what help and support is needed from us will be made in some grand building and it will prove impossible to actually do.

But Brexitiers can console themselves with this souvenir poster, to be printed out and hung on your wall https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-4mZ8XUAAsrp8.jpg

Fascinating new tactic by May today. Except it's not really a tactic as much as a desperate plea posted on Facebook. Literally.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ther...trol-but-ill-need-your-help/2188204354529659/

Brexit will be great and "You can trust me to deliver". But...

We must give her our help and support: "I will need your help and support to get there. And in return, my pledge to you is simple: I will not let you down."

The manner of help and support we must give is not specified. Does she mean we must volunteer to be border guards in Ireland? Or does she want us to take it in turns to negotiate with Barnier? If we look back at May's other tactics on Brexit, then presumably a speech outlining what help and support is needed from us will be made in some grand building and it will prove impossible to actually do.

But Brexitiers can console themselves with this souvenir poster, to be printed out and hung on your wall https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-4mZ8XUAAsrp8.jpg

I just posted a comment on that feed:

Why do you need our help when you have people like Rupert Murdoch, Paul Dacre, Arron Banks, Nigel Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Robert Mercer, Alexander Nix, the DUP, The Daily Express, the Daily Mail, Donald Trump, Breitbart, and the 'alt right' behind you? Since you are the daughter of a vicar, perhaps you will recognise Proverbs 13:20 - "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

That’s what’s traditionally known as an unholy alliance. Was it shot in an Ulster funeral parlour?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't in a Catholic church. Just a hunch really, but definitely a place where anachronists gather.
Is Anachronistianity a thing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back