advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+16)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we relax the rules on profanity on this forum? Just for this thread? It's getting more and more difficult to make any sane comment on this farce without resorting to swearing.

I reckon the game of chicken will soon involve the whole country and the EU. Everyone will be dared to not just carry on as before after 29 March and carry on trading as normal.

Chicken will be OK, chlorine washed chicken will be available from the US.

How many more Labour MPs will fall for her con trick?

“The prime minister made a fresh appeal to potentially wavering Labour MPs by stressing her post-Brexit commitment to environmental and workers’ rights, reiterating an offer made in her response to Corbyn that parliament could vote on whether to match any future EU changes in these areas”.

The next Tory government voting to allow fresh EU style workers and environmental protections? YMBFJ.

I do wonder that enough of us sent her the same message, warning her that she would be liable to massive lawsuits in the event of a no deal Brexit, then she might start paying more attention.

I think it has come to the point where remain voters (who we can be reasonably confident are a majority) should start national strikes and campaigns of civil disobedience and bring the country to a halt.

I think it has come to the point where remain voters (who we can be reasonably confident are a majority) should ...

Not in the polls that I've seen - only in a straight no deal vs remain contest. This is the issue that some of us have been trying to explain...

I think it has come to the point where remain voters (who we can be reasonably confident are a majority) should start national strikes and campaigns of civil disobedience and bring the country to a halt.

i'm suprised that this is not already underway. it has been part of our problem that, lacking the vitriol, purple-face and string-vest of the typical leaver, remainers are far too polite, educated and restrained for their own good. we need to bring about our own gilets jaunes

i'm suprised that this is not already underway. it has been part of our problem that, lacking the vitriol, purple-face and string-vest of the typical leaver, remainers are far too polite, educated and restrained for their own good. we need to bring about our own gilets jaunes
I'm rapidly becoming more vitriolic, purple-faced, less polite and restrained about the whole thing....

^This is something that worries me. I work at a company that manufactures natural herb, spice and citrus extract flavourings. Apparently 69% of sales go to the EU.

Not only that but my wife suffers from epilepsy and I'm concerned about the availability of her medication if the worst happens.

I am on the verge of emailing Theresa May warning that if no deal happens I will hold her and her government responsible and will be taking legal action if anything bad happens as a result.

My concerns are not the same, but in a strikingly similar vein to yours. I am with you 100%.

“In recent months, though, the Remain lead has grown somewhat in our poll of polls. By the beginning of October, it had crept up to Remain 53%, Leave 47%. Now, since the turn of the year it has increased further to Remain 54%, Leave 46%.”

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/has-there-been-a-shift-in-support-for-brexit/

and treeza knows it. hence the dash, the push, the railroading. she is determined to have her bre*it, at any cost, no matter what. to go down in history as the woman(!) who delivered us from the clutches of the eu and led us forward into the sunlit uplands of the new empire. and...we can all sing along to the eton boating song as we hurtle over that rapidly approaching cliff.

Mrs May is daring you to do it. My guess is that she will end up daring the EU on 30 March. Probably she will assume it can all be handled. Most people will carry on as normal.

But Ivan Rogers is probably more likely to be proved correct after 'no deal' than John Redwood.

and treeza knows it. hence the dash, the push, the railroading. she is determined to have her bre*it, at any cost, no matter what. to go down in history as the woman(!) who delivered us from the clutches of the eu and led us forward into the sunlit uplands of the new empire. and...we can all sing along to the eton boating song as we hurtle over that rapidly approaching cliff.

Or we could have:

Push, push, push your boat over Beachy Head
Rise up, then plunge down
Now everybody's dead

Could we relax the rules on profanity on this forum? Just for this thread? It's getting more and more difficult to make any sane comment on this farce without resorting to swearing.

Steady on that man. Stiff up lip. Now, join the ranks.

Right. Wait until you see the whites of their eyes. Front rank ready. Steady... Front rank FIRE! Middle rank FIRE! Rear rank FIRE! Front rank...

You had to give it to the Brexiteers. They threw themselves at certain death, buoyed up by the promises of their witch doctors that they would be impervious to the guns. Wave after wave screaming for blood and looking surprised that they were dying after all.

Anyway. After building up the democratic institutions again and teaching them how to behave like civilised human beings, we handed Britain back to the whites and left them to it. I hope they will survive and not succumb to their destructive tribal instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back